Intermedia Makes Outlook 2013 Available to All Customers
Outlook 2013 unlocks hosted Exchange 2013’s mobility and usability capabilities
Intermedia, a global cloud platform leader for small and medium-sized businesses and the largest Microsoft Exchange hosting provider, announced the release of Outlook 2013 – Microsoft’s newest version of the world’s most popular business email client. Outlook 2013’s new features significantly enhance the user’s experience. The software is available as an optional feature with Intermedia’s hosted Exchange 2007 and 2010 as well as the newest version, hosted Exchange 2013. Current customers with Outlook purchased through Intermedia can choose to upgrade to Outlook 2013 for free.
To bring together the mobile device, app store, and social worlds, as well as enable users to be more productive, Outlook 2013’s new user-focused features include:
- Optimized Design for Tablets and Small Screens. Outlook 2013 adapts itself based on the device being used. Touch mode is available for tablets and touchscreen laptops.
- Quick Response. Simplified experience of responding to email by in-line composing without having to open a new window, and the enhanced inbox view makes the names stand out in the message list.
- People Hub for Integrating Social Contacts. Includes contacts in users' Outlook profiles and can include contacts from social networks. In addition to standard contact information, users can view a contact’s social network updates.
- Apps for Outlook. Cloud-enabled application integrates rich, scenario-focused content and services together with Outlook 2013. Apps for Outlook are available from a specially created marketplace. (Available only with Exchange 2013.)
- Better Performance. Outlook 2013 performance is considerably faster than previous versions.
Along with Outlook 2013, Intermedia offers a complete set of cloud services, including hosted Exchange 2013, via its Office in the Cloud™ suite of services. Office in the Cloud combines popular Microsoft services such as Exchange 2013, Lync 2013, and SharePoint 2013 with Intermedia’s services for backup, mobility, security, voice, and more. Intermedia’s Exchange 2013, Lync 2013, SharePoint 2013 services are delivered from the company’s proprietary cloud infrastructure and assures high reliability, backup, and security – some of the many reasons why over 50,000 companies trust the cloud services provider. It also includes account management through the company’s HostPilot® Control Panel that integrates all Intermedia services and solutions in one easy to use control panel, access to 24/7 world-class support and service, SpamStopper/VirusStopper, backup, and support for all mobile devices.
To learn how you can get Outlook 2013 as part of Intermedia’s hosted Exchange service, contact Intermedia at 1-800-379-7729, or visit http://www.intermedia.net.