Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company with 6,500 active partners across the US that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
About the Role:
If you are seeking a career role that encourages you to think outside the box and fosters growth and opportunities with a company that recognizes individual and collaborative project achievements, then look no further.
We’re looking for a new member to join the Intermedia.net Human Resources team. The HR Business Partner provides total Human Resources solutions to client base. Planning implementation and administration of human resources services including business solutions, employee relations, staffing, benefits, compensation, training, development and health and safety. Interpretation and implementation of Human Resources programs, policies, practices, and procedures. Provides advice and guidance respecting full spectrum of HR related processes. Leads the implementation for assigned HR program launches, initiatives and projects.
What you will be doing:
HR Business Partner Duties
- Successfully operates as an HR consultant to the business groups becoming part of their teams, while having the ability to develop, manage and implement HR programs and day to day work. Demonstrates value through strong employee relations skills.
- Partners and supports in developing and delivering HR programs to clients, including new hire orientation, employee engagement, assimilation, staffing, compensation, performance management, training and exit interviews.
- Understands the dynamics of the functions and drives HR practices and programs to create an effective organization.
- Practices balanced HR decision-making in managing business problems and challenges with great confidentiality. Recognizes and effectively balances the client group’s interests with the needs of the company as a trusted advisor.
- Provides business partner consulting to employees while assisting in developing strong teaming skills and individual development.
HR Generalist Duties
Policies & Legal
- Interprets and applies corporate policies, HR practices and standards.
- Systems savvy in managing, extracting and analyzing data within and monitors regulatory changes and addresses improper actions to minimize company risk.
- Manage US & Canadian employee leave of absence cases with understanding of rights and eligibility. Strong knowledge of US compliance under Federal and State Laws including STD, LTD, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA, PFL, CFRA and ADA
- Manages immigration program and works closely with recruiting and the HR team in supporting immigration/work authorization needs Immigration Lawyers in obtaining proper working Visas for staff when required
- Assists in the maintenance of employee data for respective client groups including administration of new hire records, employee status changes, employment verification letters, promotions, transfers, salary increases and bonus payments
Recruitment & OnBoarding
- Partner with recruiting and provide support in data tracking, reporting and interviewing
- Manages the On-boarding process for all new hires
- Conduct New Hire Orientation sessions
Training & Employee Development
- Partners with the HR team to develop and deliver employee information sessions and/or training (i.e. lunch & learns, new hire orientation, annual performance/compensation review trainings etc.)
- Assist Management team with the Performance Management process by ensuring the 3 –step
- progressive discipline process is being followed
Compensation & Benefits
- Serves as a back-up HR team contact for employee general benefit inquiries
- Partners with the HR benefits team in communications provided to employees relating to changes to benefit plan/premium, benefits fair, open enrollment
- Partners with HR compensation and recruiting to ensure the Pay Equity / Job Evaluation is developed/maintained and in the adherence to pertinent legal requirements
What you will bring to the role:
- BA in HR or Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of HR generalist/HR business partner experience in both small and large companies ideally in a fast-paced environment.
- A hands-on learner with natural initiative and curiosity
- Excellent working knowledge of benefits, compensation, employee relations, performance management, and compliance
- Possesses a high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Superior editing, accuracy, attention to detail, respect for and ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to establish trust and confidence by demonstrating a high level of credibility and integrity.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced team environment handling multiple priorities and tasks with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach others while providing sound guidance on employee relations issues
- High level of logical and analytical thinking skills and ability to apply skills to developing practical and creative problem solving approaches to unusual or unexpected issues.
- Absolute ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Demonstrated track record participating in programs that resulted in improved efficiency and measurable results for the organization
- Good sense of humor