Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals that work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed when we align our goals with each other, with our partners, with our customers and even our customer's customers. If you are a self-starter and looking for a challenging environment to work in then look no further.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the Role:
You will join a dynamic and supportive System Administration team that pursues operational excellence through day to day management and maintenance of a globally distributed heterogeneous production environment. If you are looking for a challenging environment and have a desire to further develop your skills in the area of Active Directory, AWS, virtualization, scripting, configuration management, real time communications, Microsoft Exchange and other technologies then look no further.
What you will be doing:
- Provide real time monitoring and respond to out of bounds counters for all production systems
- Help maintain our 99.999% availability for all Intermedia Production Services by identifying trends in the environment which indicate increasing resource demands on systems and services that could cause performance degradation
- Assist with the troubleshooting, remediation and root cause analysis for incidents affecting production systems/services
- Act as an escalation resource for our support team to assist with diagnosing customer impacting issues
- Conduct system performance evaluation to ensure capacity scale in the environment using in house tools
- Contribute to developing scripts and tools to ensure that we have full visibility into performance across the server infrastructure
What you bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years Systems Administration experience with Exchange and Microsoft Servers, preferably a hosted Software as a Service environment
- Relentless curiosity to understand the root cause of technical issues and identify remediation steps to prevent recurrences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Intermediate Powershell scripting
- Ability to document detailed solutions and configurations for Operations
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiency for the team through automation
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value
- Experience in Exchange 2013/2016/2019 including Clustering and High Availability
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience with various server platforms such as Windows 2012 R2/2016/2019, Redhat, Debian
- Experience with Virtualization platforms such as VMWare or HyperV
- ITIL Foundation Knowledge
- Microsoft Clustering, including SQL and Exchange
- Experience with configuration management solutions such as Ansible or Chef
- Advanced powershell is a major plus
- Experience with administering AWS or Azure tenants
- Experience with metrics systems such as Grafana/Graphite or Zabbix
- MCSE or other certification desired