Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company with 6,500 active partners across the US that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the Role:
The Credit & Collections Specialist will provide support by resolving outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts, responding to inquiries from customers or external collection resources. You will be responsible for placing calls and/or sending messages to accounts with unpaid balances, preparing reports for outstanding accounts and gathering and report status weekly on unpaid accounts.
What you will be doing:
- Collect receivables on assigned portfolio of accounts including high-volume customer base
- Reconcile account balances across multiple systems
- Answer internal and external customer inquiries (e.g., determining account balances, providing invoice copies, remittance instructions, directing customers to appropriate department for further assistance)
- Respond to internal/external customer inquiries such as balance/statement requests, invoice copies, remittance instructions
- Handle difficult customer calls (e.g., required hand holding to explain, upset customer, dispute resolution, etc.)
- Maintain accurate customer notes for use in responding to customers and co-workers
- Able to develop and maintain successful partnership with customers, sales and other back office teams
- Distribute a high volume of invoices to customers
- Process credit card charges
- Follow-up on missed payments
- Document collection activity
- Manage the portfolio to assigned KPI’s
- Ability to report updates regularly on delinquent/problem accounts
- Respond within 24 hours to internal/external requests
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in related field
- Exceptional communication and amazing people skills with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships
- The ability and drive to deliver high quality results with a strong attention to detail
- A meticulous eye for detail and a diligent work ethic
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and problem solving skills to support a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated project management skills across a wide range of disciplines with an emphasis on customer service
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task, efficient, timely and reliable
- Prior collections experience strongly preferred
- Strong account reconciliation experience a must
- General understanding of accounting principles
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel (vertical lookups, pivot tables, etc.) and Word