Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Intermedia's Office in the Cloud™ delivers essential IT services for SMBs and the partners who serve them — including hosted Exchange,Hosted PBX, SecuriSync file sync and share, security, mobility, identity and access management, archiving, instant messaging, conferencing and more. Our services are all pre-integrated, managed from a single control panel, and backed by our famous worry-free experience.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company with 6,500 active partners across the US that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the Role:
The SQL Report Developer will work closely with finance, sales, marketing and network operations to provide these departments with the critical data they need to run our business. This is a junior to intermediate-level position. The "must haves" are Oracle SQL and Linux.
What you will be doing:
- Assume ownership of one or more data elements and is the central contact point in the organization in terms of reporting for information about the origins and revisions to those data elements; responsible for the accuracy of the data in these elements, both within SQL reports and in downstream data warehouses and reports
- Champion the quality and integrity of data collected for decision-making and work with the other areas of the organization to ensure consistent reporting of information. Analyzes and makes recommendations for improved data quality
- Support strategic decisions through the collection, analysis, interpretation and communication of information to key decision-makers
- Work closely with other departments (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Accounting, Network Operations) to understand requirements and create or modify reports as required
- Work on the integrated methodologies for data collection, retrieval, presentation, analysis and interpretation
- Participate in process improvement teams and committees by offering analytic skills and knowledge of available data. Can facilitate design and creation of data collection and reporting tools
- Provide user education of reports and helps ensure access to data with the goal of reduced reliance, over time, on technical specialists in order to obtain data
- Ensure all reported data and information are consistent, relevant and timely
- Troubleshoot Reporting tool problems and tunes for performance
- Create reports, report templates, and analytic environments as is necessary to satisfy requirements
- Create new and enhance existing report documentation for user consumption
- Write high quality requirements and design documents as appropriate
- Review and analyze the reporting environment to make recommendations for improvements and upgrades
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years experience in an equivalent or closely related role
- Proficient with complex queries and updates in Oracle SQL
- Proficient with the Linux/UNIX command line
- Understanding of basic accounting and financial concepts
- Understanding of OLAP database technology and data modeling
- Understanding of data warehousing and concepts like star-schema
- Understanding of source control and CI tools
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent analysis, design and communication skills
- Experience working with Perl
- Experience querying and updating MS SQL Server and SSRS
- Experience with Oracle BRM or other billing or financial systems
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or other visualization tools
- Work closely with other departments (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Accounting, Network Operations) to understand requirements and create or modify reports as required.