Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve businesses of all sizes with full featured, highly reliable products that are backed by J.D. Power certified technical support.
Here at Intermedia, we are a channel-first company with over 6,500 active partners that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We offer a differentiated offering and platform that enables us to compete successfully in the battle for market share in the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About The Role:
Bring your privacy expertise to the table where you will serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and will oversee, drive and refine the company’s privacy program. You will liaison with cross-departmental teams within the company to implement Privacy-by-Design in our products, track the company’s use of personal and sensitive data, review and maintain company policies on privacy matters, and ensure that Intermedia’s processes, procedures and documentation comply with applicable privacy requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Reporting directly to the VP of Security and Privacy, assist with the coordination and implementation of a wide range of cross-functional privacy and data-protection projects.
- Partner cross-functionally across the organization to conduct Privacy Impact Assessments and ensure all products, offerings and practices comply with data privacy and compliance requirements.
- Monitor, and advise management on, international and domestic data privacy laws, regulations, contractual obligations and industry best practices relating to data privacy and Intermedia’s compliance obligations.
- Assess privacy risks based on new or changing regulations or business initiatives.
- Develop privacy frameworks and document guidance
- Prioritize, coordinate, manage and facilitate technical, product, and policy privacy reviews with cross-departmental teams.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams during development to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy and mitigate risk.
- Act as an initial point of contact for responding to customer and internal inquiries related to privacy matters and providing timely, thorough responses.
- Conduct privacy reviews of our third-party vendors.
- Assist in documenting and maintaining privacy notices, data processing agreements, privacy policies, and privacy operational processes and related procedures.
- Maintain Intermedia’s data map and inventory to ensure appropriate documentation is in place to support compliance efforts.
- Support development of privacy training materials.
- Lead strategic initiatives to address evolving privacy matters.
- Support Legal team to address contractual and other privacy issues as needed.
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and at least 4 years of broad experience in information security, program management and/or compliance roles in a high-tech company.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Privacy Management with a high-tech company.
- You have outstanding communication (including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders), organizational, and prioritization skills.
- You have strong project management skills, are adaptable and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of global privacy and regulatory frameworks such as CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, PIPEDA and CAN-SPAM.
- Ability to quickly spot privacy issues and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze privacy and security concepts and apply them to real-world situations in a practical manner.
- Experience working with Legal, IT, Security, Product, Marketing, Human Resources and other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and problem solving skills to support a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills across a wide range of disciplines with an emphasis on customer service.
- Prior experience in Information Security or a related certification such as CISSP or CIPT.
- Understanding of the privacy aspects of the product development lifecycle.
- Experience in a primary role in implementing or managing a privacy program.
- Proven track record of delivering ambitious product, and/or organizational or process changes.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.