Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About The Role:
The person in this role will be responsible for driving projects that add hardware devices such as desk phones, web cams, headsets, and other related hardware products to support and enhance our Unified Communications and Contact Center products. They will also oversee life cycle management and replacement of older products, hardware vendor relationships and other related tasks.
What you will be doing:
- The Product Manager – Hardware should be able to handle both technical and product management aspects of working in a product management organization. Duties will include
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert on hardware devices Intermedia uses with our solutions. These devices would include desk phones, web cams, headsets, video room solutions, gateways, routers and other related accessories.
- Be able to work on product definition for specific hardware devices in conjunction with Product Management leadership, and negotiate release planning with project management and engineering
- Schedule periodic meetings with device vendors to understand their development roadmap, and based on this information, plan new hardware support accordingly.
- Manage life cycle of hardware – adding new hardware, planning firmware updates, end of sale and end of life planning, and forecasting inventory working closely with the IM TAC team.
- Create, maintain, and drive priority list of tasks related to hardware devices supported with Intermedia Unite. Communicate and gain approval on these tasks with product management leadership
- Maintain and update frequently asked questions, feature lists, video tutorials, and other product related information on our web site, wiki and knowledge base.
- Support sales and support teams with latest product information and with sales opportunities.
- Support strategic customer engagements to ensure customers are happy with hardware portfolio, or understand if they are looking for Intermedia to add new hardware. Drive cross functional teams to fix issues with hardware, and work to address any negative impressions that might exist with the hardware we offer.
- Perform other tasks deemed important by yourself, and company and product management leadership.
What you will be bring to the role:
- 2+ years of relevant Product Management experience or strong desire to move to Product Management or relevant experience in Project Management, Sales Engineering, Technical Support or other related roles
- Bachelors in Engineering or some other technical discipline is preferred
- MBA in marketing / product management is a plus
- Background working on hardware devices used in UCaaS and CCaaS environments is key. VoIP technologies, PBXs, Session Border Controllers, voice gateways, voicemail systems, mobile apps for voice would be a plus.
- Strong inter-personal skills, communications skills, ability to influence, ability to work independently are key traits of this job. Travel between Mt View and Bellevue will be required on a periodic basis depending on where the candidate works.
- Excellent technical writing skills (for writing Product Requirement Docs, User Manuals, Internal Training, etc.) is required.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.