Are you looking for an opportunity to work with leadership, act as an advisor and subject matter expert for the organization? Are you looking to create structure and process, achieve ownership of your work and be a part of new and sustaining work? If so, we have your next opportunity!
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are an 900+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. What’s more, our product roadmap offers even more game-changing innovations than what got us to our strong position today. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company. 6,500 active partners across the US rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
You will be responsible for driving the Internal Compliance and Audit function for our organization, starting with creating and implementing a compliance structure for a key customer relationship. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of performing audits and partnering with stakeholders to develop efficient and well-controlled compliance processes across the enterprise.
Our Internal Compliance and Audit function will be responsible for assessing the accuracy of commercial and financial reporting, evaluating compliance with laws and regulations, performing fraud investigations, and assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of existing governance and risk management controls. The function provides independent and objective assurance to management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Internal Compliance and Audit will be responsible for identifying opportunities for operational and control improvements to mitigate risk, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes across the Company’s business.
This role is based in Mountain View, CA and will report into the Chief Administrative Officer/General Counsel.
What You'll Do
- Work with representatives from sales, operations, IT, finance and the executive team design and implement a compliance structure to manage contract compliance, control and performance reporting for a key customer
- Build and lead the execution and management of compliance monitoring programs, execute audit plans and conduct compliance systems review audits with minimal supervision
- Work cross functionally with operations, finance and legal teams in pursuit of improving operational excellence in our compliance processes.
- Execute audits of processes in support of a healthy internal controls environment.
- Execute ad hoc projects, such as due diligence reviews, assessments of reporting accuracy, fraud investigations, etc.
- Prepare findings and recommendations and support communication to the executive team. Also, actively monitor audit related remediation and management action plans.
- Influence and champion compliance efforts and a process driven environment.
- Analyze how new developments (including emerging trends and new or changing regulations) impact our business and regulatory risk landscape.
- Have a deep understanding of the business, including associated processes, systems, and regulatory requirements.
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management, Accounting, Finance or law-related field.
- 8+ years of progressive and successful experience and preferably 3 of those years within a public accounting firm.
- Professional certification in 1 or more of the following preferred: CIA, CPA or other risk management or relevant certification
- Working experience in compliance risk management and monitoring/auditing experience within a technology company
- Experience developing and/or implementing compliance program analytics strongly preferred
- Strong project management skills; with the ability to drive execution by team members and others
- High-level problem solving, judgment, detail-oriented and confidentiality; comfortable with ambiguity and can adapt style and tactics based on situation
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to forge strong relationships with all levels of the organization, and effective influencing skills with the ability to drive change as it relates to implementing remedial actions
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks
- Ability to effectively prepare and present analytical written and oral communications appropriate for multiple audiences and levels within the organization, including senior-level executives
- Ability and willingness to work at the strategic as well as the detailed level as required
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity, good judgment and an ability to influence others, and function as a business partner.
- A team player who contributes to an atmosphere in which people work together to produce outstanding results, and an ability to constructively reconcile differences in an open and positive manner
- Experience in Cloud technology (particularly in UCaaS) strongly preferred