Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 900-employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications.
Are you ready to make your mark?
Intermedia's Security team is seeking a talented and motivated individual to perform vulnerability assessments, analyze and report findings in a consistent, standardized and prioritized manner.
About the Role:
In this position you will be responsible for driving the remediation of vulnerabilities on Intermedia’s systems. Using different commercial and open source tools, you will identify missing patches and vulnerabilities throughout the infrastructure.
You will regularly meet with different technical teams, present their current vulnerability status, tracking and working with those teams on remediation based on agreed upon patching timelines with those teams. You will regularly monitor current threat intelligence feeds, new vulnerabilities, assess their impact and raise their visibility within the organization when critical issues arise that need immediate attention.
You will be responsible for maintaining documentation around the Vulnerability Management process and procedures up to date. You will take ownership and report on the overall status of patching cadence and reduction of vulnerabilities within Intermedia.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct vulnerability scans at the operating system, network and application levels on our internal and external systems
- Give technical guidance to different teams on the impact of discovered security issues
- Drive remediation by meeting with different teams and working to resolve vulnerabilities
- Use existing tools to generate asset inventory reports, identify and investigate inconsistencies
- Create, schedule, maintain and monitor the vulnerability scanning tools and automated systems
- Develop technical and non-technical solutions to help mitigate security risks
- Support various compliance audits, including PCI, HIPAA and SOC2
- Maintain existing integrations between various tools and our VM management system
- Progress standing security process by automation and integration
- Report on security metrics and improvement recommendations
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of the Top 10 OWASP
- Experience with Vulnerability Management and its related processes and procedures
- General understanding of security fundamentals and general security technologies, including operating systems network security, event management etc
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems. Different Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols
- Python and PowerShell language experience is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with vulnerability management frameworks and concepts such as CVE, and CVSS Threat Intelligence and visibility into new threats
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Believes in teamwork and shows resourcefulness, willing to help and knows when to ask for help
- Possess drive to keep moving things forward, strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Knowledge of different cloud platforms and related technologies