Are you looking for an opportunity to work with leadership, act as an advisor and subject matter expert for the organization? Are you looking to create structure and process, achieve ownership of your work and be a part of new and sustaining work? If so, we have your next opportunity!
We are a 900-employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We’re here to win in the $30B UCaaS market and this is the right moment for you to help write the next chapter in Intermedia’s success story. What’s more, our product roadmap offers even more game-changing innovations than what got us to our strong position today. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
About the Role:
Intermedia’s information security team is seeking a talented Security Engineer who has a nagging passion for digging through data to find the anomalies, root out the sources, determine bad actors, recommend corrective actions and help drive remediation efforts in other parts of the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in security reviews of production infrastructure and systems
- Daily monitoring of security event logs and tools and help us differentiate events from incidents
- Investigation and response for suspected incidents
- Assisting in the Vulnerability Management process. Work with teams to facilitate patching
- Help us automate day to day tasks using self-created tools and scripts
- Solid understanding of Virtualization architecture and security
Perks and Benefits
- Work with a small, global team of passionate people who love security
- Your work will directly impact the security posture of over 1M users worldwide
- Opportunities for training (SANS, etc.) and attending industry conferences (Blackhat/RSA/DefCon)
What you will bring to the role:
- 2+ years relevant work experience in an information security role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Relevant experience with multi-tier internet-facing architectures and systems
- Good understanding of TCP/IP protocol and networking services (DNS, SMTP, HTTP/S)
- Strong Operating System experience with different versions of Windows & Linux.
- Strong organizational, operational and process capabilities
- Strong understanding of security principles, best practices architectures, tools and processes
- Working experience with one or more languages; Python, Perl, PowerShell, PHP, VBS, etc.