Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals that work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed when we align our goals with each other, with our partners, with our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 900+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company. 6,500 active partners across the US rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the role:
As a member of the Global Linux System Administration team you will be responsible for day to day maintenance and administration of the Linux servers within the environment with the primary goal of ensuring the highest uptime and availability possible.
- Administer and maintain various Linux systems (DNS, Web, Mail, Web Conferencing, VOIP)
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools as well as respond to monitoring counters which are out of bounds
- Install/Configure/Deploy of Linux systems
- Patching and O/S version control of Linux systems
- Resolve customer facing issues which have been escalated up from our support team
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues quickly and completely
- Solid understanding of Linux to include but not limited to paging and swapping, inter-process communications, system performance analysis, and installation and server optimization.
- Ability to program in scripting languages, including Perl and/or Python and/or Bash in order to automate system administration tasks and improve efficiency within the team
- Deep understanding of IP, TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS protocols
- Must be customer and result oriented
- Ability to be adaptable and comfortable with reprioritizing current workload at a moment’s notice
- Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL but preferably both
- Familiarity with VOIP (Asterisk, Obelisk, FreeSWITCH) Cisco VOIP skills are a plus
- Experience in designing and maintaining highly available systems leveraging solutions such as clustering and load balanced server farms
- Experience with managing server infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Nginx configuration and administration
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
- Experience administering Postfix servers
- Knowledge of SIP/RTP/WebRTC a major plus
- Knowledge with anti-SPAM and anti-Virus solutions for Linux mail servers
- Experiencing with Chef for automating server deployments and other administration tasks