Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 900+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company. 6,500 active partners across the US rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the role:
As a member of the Global Linux System Administration team, you will be responsible for contributing to improvements in managing and maintaining our AnyMeeting web conferencing and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) platforms. You will join a collaborative team of smart and creative people that are willing to share their experience and knowledge
What you will be doing:
- Administer and maintain various Linux-based services (VOIP, Web Conferencing, DNS, Web, Mail)
- Respond to and drive service availability incidents to resolution and perform full root cause analysis and remediation to prevent recurrences
- Contribute to the delivery of 99.999% SLA for Intermedia applications and services
- Provide technical assistance to our support team for customer escalations related to service issues
- Configure and administer monitoring tools as well as respond to alerts
- Install/Configure/Deploy of Linux systems using CI/CD workflows and Change management
- Prevent security incidents by timely patching vulnerabilities on Linux servers
- Work with Linux SA escalations queue
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work remotely
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Ability to work under pressure, troubleshooting complex technical issues
- Solid understanding of Linux including but not limited to paging and swapping, inter-process communications, system performance analysis, installation and server optimization.
- Ability to program in scripting languages, including Perl and/or Python and/or Bash in order to automate system administration tasks and improve efficiency within the team
- Deep understanding of IP, TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS protocols
- Must be customer and result oriented
- Ability to be adaptable and comfortable with reprioritizing current workload at a moment’s notice
- Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL but preferably both
- Familiarity with VOIP (Asterisk, Obelisk, FreeSWITCH), Cisco VOIP skills are a plus
- Experience in designing and maintaining highly available systems leveraging solutions such as clustering and load balanced server farms
- Experience with managing server infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Nginx configuration and administration
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
- Experience administering SMTP servers
- Knowledge of SIP/RTP/WebRTC a major plus
- Knowledge with anti-SPAM and anti-Virus solutions for Linux mail servers
- Experiencing with Chef or Ansible for automating server deployments and other administration tasks