From the Partner Summit: UCaaS is the answer for SMBs
Jonathan McCormick, COO, Intermedia took the stage today at Intermedia’s second annual Partner Summit to review Unified Communications and UC as a Service (UCaaS) for SMBs. According to McCormicK:
The odds are against SMBs: 80% of all new businesses fail within the first year. SMBs need to reinvest their income towards growing their business and cannot afford to spend capital on technology. In order to compete, SMBs need cutting edge technology that improves employee productivity while reducing cost, increasing the overall profitability of the company.
Unified Communications increases business productivity and reduces costs, improving profitability. SMBs need the benefit of Unified Communications but they cannot afford the capital investment and may not have the deep IT expertise necessary to deploy complex on premise enterprise class UC deployments. UCaaS – Unified Communications as a Service is the answer for SMBs.
The concept has been tested.
- There are a large number of hosted Exchange seats
- There are a large number of hosted PBX seats
- Unified as one service, these technologies already purchased as individual services become even more beneficial to SMBs
The competition: Today there is not a single product or provider that successfully serves the SMB market with a complete hosted UC solution.
There are 7 key components within UC tools including: messaging, instant messaging and presence, client, voice and telephony, wireless integration, conferencing (web/video) and collaboration application.
Hosted Unison provided by Intermedia as the solution:
- Hosted Unison provides the most complete UC product available today in the SMB marketplace
- Hosted Unison is specifically designed for the SMB market and delivers a simple, easy to administer, fully integrated UC solution at an affordable price
- Hosted Unison is delivered as a complete service end to end, through telecommunications
Opportunity for Intermedia Partners:
- Hosted Unison allows partners to own the entire business communication suite for their clients
- Through combining communication requirements into a single service, hosted Unison allows partners to deliver a new technology that increases efficiency and reduces costs for their customers, while increasing their profit margin
Hosted Unison is available on Intermedia’s direct side and coming soon to partners.