Lync Secure Instant Messaging from Hosted Exchange Provider Intermedia
Take collaboration and communications to the cloud
Microsoft Lync Secure Instant Messaging from Intermedia gives you secure, business-grade instant messaging, presence and more in one solution, allowing streamlined communications with greater flexibility and control from the leading hosted Exchange provider.
Lync is the next generation cloud-based instant messaging from Microsoft and integrates advanced web conference tools. You can manage instant messaging, voice chat, video chat, meetings and shared whiteboard sessions right from your PC.
MULTI COLLABORATION, ONE EASY INTERFACE
Lync Secure Instant Messaging includes robust features that take office communications to a new level while providing a secure and professional alternative for instant messaging.
- Collaborate Across Multiple Offices and With Remote Employees. Securely chat with co-workers in any office via instant messaging. Keep projects and work flowing with realtime communications, even with a distributed, mobile workforce. Employees can chat using the Lync PC client, Outlook or directly in Outlook Web App. Lync also provides an immediate, visual indicator of colleagues’ ability to chat. A wide range of indicators like “available,” “away”, “busy”, and “do not disturb” are used to help manage reachability. Since Lync integrates with Exchange, presence indicators are automatically updated depending on users’ calendars. Presence is also displayed in Outlook, in SharePoint team sites and in Microsoft Office applications, wherever a contact’s name is displayed.
- Enhanced Group Communications. Share information more efficiently with topic-based, multi-party discussions and desktop sharing. Chat partners can see any document, application or web browser so that ideas are communicated faster and work is completed more efficiently. Group chat combined with desktop sharing is a powerful tool to drive collaboration and information sharing across your organization, particularly if you have employees in different locations.
- Control Costs. Seamlessly transition to video with a single click, instantly improving collaboration with your chat partners. Integrated voice and video chat keeps travel costs and conferencing fees down.
For the best value, Lync available as part of Intermedia’s Office in the Cloud plans
ENHANCED VIRTUAL MEETINGS
Lync Secure Instant Messaging is all you need for both spontaneous and scheduled meetings with colleagues, customers and partners. Gain operational and productivity efficiencies while staying connected.
- Join or Schedule Online Meetings. Integration with Exchange allows for single-click scheduling directly from Outlook, with predefined conferencing properties that meet the needs of a majority of users without any modifications. Participants can join meetings directly from Outlook or from their Lync PC client.
- Desktop and Application Sharing. Presenters can broadcast visuals, applications, web pages, documents, software or any part of a desktop to conference participants.
- Virtual Whiteboard. Online meetings become more effective with the use of a virtual whiteboard, allowing presenters to draw, add text and highlight information with powerful and flexible annotation tools.
Desktop sharing, video chat, and Enhanced Virtual Meetings elements require, Lync Secure Instant Messaging Enterprise version.