Reseller Sales Playbook: Key Selling Tips When Up Against Google Apps
Key selling tips when up against Google Apps
As the market for cloud services continues to grow, we know that competition is becoming fierce. With that said, Intermedia’s award winning cloud services and super premium infrastructure, combined with your expert support, will make for an unbeatable offering. Here are three important tips to consider when up against competitors like Google Apps.
- Message the importance of support. Technical and migration support are two critical factors that customers evaluate when choosing a cloud services provider. Customers want to know that the transition to the cloud will be seamless. They also want to know that you’re always on call to help them address any issue they may encounter. Err on the side of over communicating your top notch support; it will help you close the deal. Here are a few things to remember about Intermedia’s support behind the scenes and how Google Apps supports their customers directly:
- Google Apps migration support is very limited; customers are only provided with an online migration toolkit along with discussion forum support. Your offering (powered by Intermedia) consists of full-service migrations. You remain the point of contact with your end customers, while Intermedia handles your customers’ migrations behind the scenes free of charge.
- Google Apps technical support does not offer end users 24/7 phone support — this is only available for escalated issues. As an Intermedia partner, you determine the level of support for your end users. But remember, Intermedia’s got your back. We’ll support you behind the scenes 24x7x365.
- Lead with a higher-end offering — don’t compete on price. As a private label partner you’re able to offer your customers three unique plans – Standard, Advanced and Elite. In most cases, it’s best to lead with a higher end plan when up against the competition. Here’s why:
- The more cloud services you provide to your customers, the more revenue you’ll generate. You’ll also create an even stickier relationship, minimizing the risk of a competitor stealing your business down the road.
- Higher-end plans include more features and functionality that outperform competitive offerings like Google Apps, making your solution essential for your customers to conduct business.
- Become an expert on the features and functionality of your cloud services powered by Intermedia. To beat the competition, it’s important to know how your key features and functionality compare. To help you in your sales efforts when up against Google Apps, we developed a side-by-side comparison. Log in to your partner portal to download a brandable copy of this comparison.
|Management Control Panel||Customers able to provision users and manage settings for proprietary services as well as Microsoft-based and third-party services||Customers able to provision users and manage settings for Google Apps|
|End-user Controls||My Services available in Outlook to change common settings for users’ services and update passwords, reducing administration loadGranular set of permissions controlled by the administrator; ability to manage all services enabled and request additional onesMy Services apps available for mobile devices (iPhone & Android)||Limited permissions and functionality|
RELIABILITY AND INFRASTRUCTURE
|Security||Policy-based Encryption add-on available; includes templates for HIPAA complianceWipe ActiveSync and BlackBerry mobile devices in case of lost or theft; supports multiple BlackBerry and ActiveSync policies||Google Message Encryption service availableWipe ActiveSync devices; BlackBerry device wipe requires BES|
|Operations: SLA and Location of Data||7 datacenters (6 US-based, 1 UK-based)SaS 70 Type II Audited, 99.999% uptime SLA||Does not reveal which of its global datacenters are used99.9% uptime SLA|
|Mobility Support||Support for full range of smartphones and tablets, including ActiveSync (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows 7) and BlackBerry||Support for ActiveSync devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows 7); BlackBerry support requires BES or downloadable apps from Google|
|Supported Mail Platforms||Unlimited storage; message size limit 50 MBEnterprise version of Exchange 2010 (latest version); Outlook 2010 available||Storage max 25 GB; message size limit 25 MBGmail connects with basic Pop or IMAP connection for mobile and Outlook; Gmail Business Plans are based off the same free Gmail service|
|Public Folders||Public folders available||Public folders supported via Google Groups|
|Support for Outlook||Exchange 2010 enables full support of Microsoft Outlook® 2010 features such as improved calendaring and conversation viewOutlook Web App (enhanced web access available with Exchange 2010, supports all browsers)Microsoft Outlook® 2011 for MAC available||Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® is a plug-in for Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010; however, there are limitations and synchronization issues between the twoOutlook Web App not available; users access Google Apps’ web interface|
|Outlook Licenses||Available with any plan||Not available|
|Collaboration and File Management||Lync Secure Instant Messaging, SharePoint document management and PC backup||Google IM, Docs and Cloud Connect services|
|Archiving||Archiving available (basic and compliant); supports all third party cloud archiving providers||Archiving available|
|Voice/Unified Communications Offering||Hosted PBX VoIP-based telephone offering with full Unified Communications optionConference Bridges||Google Voice, a consumer-oriented service|