Update to Available Services
Update 11:01 PM EST: We’ve posted a note on today’s network events from our CEO, Phil Koen. (There will be no further updates to this particular post.)
Update 7:19 PM EST: At this time, all Intermedia services are functioning normally. Our team is working to ensure that all services remain stable. However, there are a few things that customers should be aware of:
- Mail delivery may be delayed while the queues are emptied. Please note that messages and mail data has not been lost — it is queued for delivery and will trickle in throughout the evening. Each domain is processing around 150,000 messages per minute.
- Due to increased activity, you may be unable to connect to your mailbox via Outlook. During this time, please try to use OWA to send and receive mail.
- If you continue to experience issues with sending mail or connecting to a mailbox via OWA, please contact the support team for further assistance. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.379.7729.
Thank you for your continued patience during this time. We will be providing an RFO within the next 48 hours for a full accounting of the event. In addition, we will continue to provide updates as they become available.
Update 5:39 PM: People are asking why the Outlook desktop client can’t connect. This is due to the load on the network caused by too many people trying to connect at once. We are working our way through this load, but it does take some time. In the meantime, please use OWA, our web interface. http://owa.intermedia.net
Update 5:10 PM EST: Latest update: services are up, but load is high. Try accessing your email via OWA, the web interface. http://owa.intermedia.net That seems to be working for most people.
Update 4:32 PM EST: Again, sorry for suddenly going silent on Twitter. We hit the daily limit. Here’s the update: all services are online. That said, some customers are reporting isolated issues. If you are still having trouble (and have already tried restarting Outlook/computers/routers), please call 800.379.7729.
Mail is still in a managed queue. This means that you will receive the email that was sent to you earlier in the day, but it will take some time; we’re managing the flow so as not to overload the servers. Likewise, sent mail will eventually go through as well.
We are turning to investigation mode. We expect to have an RFO report within 48 hours — and, possibly, a second RFO report from a vendor once the issue has been fully investigated.
We thank you for your patience and apologize for the issues.
Update 4:22 PM: It turns out that Twitter has a 1,000 Tweet limit. And we’ve hit it. Sorry for suddenly going silent.
UPDATE 3:29 EST: Latest report is that all services are available. Mail is queued and will slowly begin distribution. More soon.
Update 3:05 EST:
Service has been restored to the majority of our customers at this time. We are working to restore the remaining services and should have them online shortly. We apologize for the interruption to your services which was caused by a problem in our network.
No data was lost. All of your email and other data remains secure.
Inbound mail is delayed, but it will be pushed through the queue.
We will continue to provide updates through the Support case and via Twitter at @intermedia_net. We’ll post any information as soon as it becomes available.
Services still affected:
- Customers on East028-East031 may still be unable to access their mailbox
- Some Hosted PBX customers may experience issues making or receiving calls
- Cloud Server customers may be unable to access their virtual server
PLEASE NOTE: You can still contact us via phone, email, or your Control Panel.