Published on Yahoo: 6 Reasons Why Dropbox Isn’t Secure Enough for Business
Josh Topal is our product marketing manager for SecuriSync. He was recently asked by the website Business 2 Community to write about a subject near and dear to his heart: how, when it comes to security for business users, Dropbox falls short.
Not only has his article gotten a lot of response, it was even picked up for syndication by Yahoo.
We encourage you to give the article a read. Here are the six key takeaways as to whet your appetite:
- IT has no control or visibility.
- Users can’t set granular permissions.
- Data encryption is limited.
- You can’t set different sharing permissions for sub-folders.
- You can’t share password-protected web links.
- You can’t lock files for collaborative editing.