Partners: Advisor commissions are going up!
If you’re a VAR or an MSP, you’ve been seeing headline after headline about shrinking commissions from cloud providers. You’re getting worried about your margins. You’re wondering if there’s any provider out there who is looking out for your business.
Intermedia is proud to buck the trend.
You may have seen the news this morning: we’re increasing commissions for Advisors that are selling Intermedia services.
I’ll tell you more about that in a second. First, I want to clarify the difference between advisor and private label. Intermedia has more than 14,000 MSPs and VARs in our industry leading Partner Program. This program lets partners choose how they want to work with us on a customer-by-customer basis:
- You can resell under the private label model, which means you manage pricing, bundling, billing, branding and every other aspect of your customer relationships
- Or you can resell our services as an Advisor (aka “agent”, in industry terms), which means you offload support and billing to Intermedia
So here’s the news: as of March 12, Intermedia Advisors can earn up to 66 percent more monthly recurring revenue for every new deal sold.
Big increases for new deals
The commission increases apply to new deals sold. And they’re pretty significant. They include:
- 8% commission on monthly recurring revenue for data services such as Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, and SecuriSync file sync and share (a 33% increase)
- 10% commission on monthly recurring revenue for Hosted PBX and other cloud voice services (a 66% increase)
- An additional $100 upfront payout for every Hosted PBX line sold for a limited time (after a promotional period, the upfront payout will be $25 per line)
Here’s even better news in an era of shrinking commissions: unlike many other providers, Intermedia’s Partner Program guarantees commissions for the life of the account.
Everyone in the company is excited about this demonstration of our commitment to the channel. Here’s what our president, Michael Gold, said about the commission increase in a recent interview: “By offering our partners the industry’s most flexible choices of private label and advisor options — and by increasing the reward for doing business with us — we’re making it even easier for them to capitalize on the tremendous growth potential presented by the cloud.”
More than 60 percent of Intermedia’s new business comes from our partner channel. While our Advisor program provides partners or agents with very attractive commissions, our private label model offers larger margins. That’s because it allows partners to manage more elements of their customer relationships. As a private label reseller, you can:
- Sell under your own brand
- Build custom bundles that seamlessly cross-sell and upsell your other services
- Integrate with your existing Salesforce, QuickBooks and ConnectWise systems (look for news about that next week!)
- Streamline your internal processes by managing multiple customers and services via your Partner Portal
- Rely on Intermedia for marketing support, sales enablement, onboarding and migration, and 24/7 phone and chat support
You can become an Intermedia partner in minutes. Happy selling!