Intermedia’s Exchange history: pioneering hosted Exchange since 2000
Did you know that Intermedia was the very first company in the world to offer Microsoft Exchange from the cloud as a service for SMBs?
Nobody called it a “cloud” back then, but that’s what it was: a business service delivered via the Internet so customers could utilize the functionality of this software without investing in their own infrastructure.
But as interesting as that history may be, that’s not the whole story. Did you know that we’ve been consistently first to offer every new version of Exchange as it’s come out? Most recently, Intermedia was the first provider to offer Exchange 2013, SharePoint 2013 and Lync 2013 from the cloud.
The fact that we’re first with the newest versions of Exchange gives us bragging rights, but that’s not why we do it. We do it because it improves our customers’ and partners’ ROI on their Intermedia investment. We’re committed to giving customers and partners access to the most advanced business technology as soon as it’s available.
What does it take to be first to market?
Being first to market for any new release takes an incredible level of technical dexterity. It means:
- Our engineers must solve implementation problems no one else has ever encountered
- Our project managers must work hand-in-hand with their counterparts at Microsoft
- Our onboarding staff must be experts in multiple generations of software
- Our support staff must be skilled at looking beyond the symptoms of problems to spot their root causes
- Our cloud platform must be powerful enough to run tomorrow’s technology alongside today’s—while supporting almost 750,000 Exchange users
- Our levels of reliability and security must be impeccable
- And because our reputation is on the line, every member of our company must be twice as vigilant, 24 hours a day
Because of the technical dexterity required—as you can see from the list above—our commitment to innovation doesn’t just benefit early adopters. It benefits every small and medium-sized business that relies on Intermedia.
Intermedia’s Exchange hosting history:
- October, 2012: First provider of hosted Exchange 2013, Lync 2013 and SharePoint 2013
- November, 2009: First provider of hosted Exchange 2010
- May, 2009: First provider of hosted Office Communications Server for BlackBerry
- January, 2008: First provider of hosted Office Communications Server 2007
- December, 2006: First provider of hosted Exchange 2007
- September, 2000: First provider of hosted Exchange for SMBs