6 ways single sign-on promotes strong passwords
Here’s a trend that tends to surprise the companies that find themselves experiencing it: the more cloud services they deploy, the less secure their user password behavior gets.
That’s because it’s impossible for the average user to remember strong passwords for the 14+ cloud services the business typically runs today. So they take shortcuts: creating simple passwords, reusing passwords, and even writing them down.
No wonder Verizon found that 76% of all network intrusions exploit weak or stolen passwords.
Eliminate poor password practices with an SSO solution
A single sign-on service like Intermedia AppID provides users with a single portal for accessing all their cloud apps—with just one password to remember. This eliminates the temptation for users to take password shortcuts that can introduce security holes.
An SSO solution allows companies to embrace the productivity benefits of cloud apps without getting lax with security. With a good SSO solution, you can:
- Give users access any cloud app—whether it’s Salesforce, QuickBooks, NetSuite, or even proprietary apps
- Add 2-factor authentication to provide another level of security before users can access the apps in their portal
- Make it easy for employees to comply with strong password policies
- Prevent password leaks by eliminating multiple passwords
- Revoke a user’s SSO access with just one click
- Use your existing directory tools to avoid duplicating effort
Next: use our SSO ROI calculator to quantify the value of AppID in your organization.