Protect your company data. Check out the webinar recording for “The Ex-Employee Menace”
Recently, we published a report about the very real threat that ex-employees pose to your company data. To create this report, we commissioned a survey of knowledge workers by Osterman Research. Some key findings from this survey show that:
- 89% of respondents retained access (login and password) to at least one corporate app from a former employer
- 45% can access “confidential” or “highly confidential” data
- 49% actually logged into ex-employer accounts after leaving the company
- 68% admitted to storing work files in personal cloud storage services
- 60% were NOT asked for their cloud logins when they left their companies
Pretty scary, right? We were really shocked at how big the problem really is. Ex-employees with “rogue access” to company data can put your business at risk for data theft/loss, compliance failures, and even out-and-out sabotage and hacking.