7 reasons to use Skype for Business for communication and collaboration
Everybody loves instant messaging. It’s a really great way to have quick conversations that don’t necessarily require a phone call. And I love how you can chat using mobile devices or computers. You can always reach someone, even when they’re out of the office.
But I like to remind businesses that there’s more to communication and collaboration than chat. And given all the news about security breaches, you really need to think about the security features of the communications tools your business uses. Everyone always thinks about their email when they consider security—but instant messaging apps are just as important.
That’s why I really love Skype® for Business. You get great instant messaging, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg:
- Instant messaging means an instant answer. It’s a much faster interaction than email. You can see who’s available and get the answers you need right away.
- The busier you are, the more Skype for Business helps. Skype for Business gives you an additional channel to communicate that doesn’t get in the way of phone and email. The more you have to do, the more useful/productive you are with Skype for Business. And Skype for Business integrates seamlessly with other communication channels.
- Easily share files—and even your desktop, voice and video. Both versions of Skype for Business let you share files. But if you choose Skype for Business Enterprise, you can also share your desktop so someone can see what you’re working on. In addition, you can extend the conversation to groups, add in voice, and even perform video conferencing.
- Easy, convenient integration with Exchange. Skype for Business works with the products you’re already using. It sees your schedule as well as those of your contacts so you know who’s available when you are. You don’t have to open another window.
- Available from anywhere with any mobile devices. Skype for Business is available on all devices including iOS and Android. So you can stay connected regardless of location.
- Skype for Business avoids creating another privacy or intrusion risk. Consumer-grade instant messaging systems can open your business up to hackers and intrusions. Skype for Business provides enterprise-grade security that keeps your company safe.
- Intermedia has business-grade dependability and reliability. When you get Skype for Business from Intermedia, you get our 5 9’s uptime SLA. So you can be confident that Skype for Business is always working and reliable.
Learn more about Skype for Business
Learn how Skype for Business can improve collaboration and communication among your employees. To discuss the difference between Skype for Business Standard and Enterprise, contact us at 1-800-379-7729.