It’s National Small Business Week. Here’s how Intermedia helps SMBs succeed.
National Small Business Week (which kicks off this week!) celebrates the impact small businesses have in driving innovation and supporting economic growth. And there’s a lot to celebrate. Small businesses create more than 50 percent of the nation’s GDP.
But SMBs face a number of challenges when it comes to running their business—especially when it comes to IT.
Earlier this year, TechAisle released the infographic below. We read this with interest.
(Source: TechAisle, 2014 Top 10 SMB Business Issues, IT Priorities, IT Challenges)
Intermedia has more than a million unique SMB users. So we know a thing or two about helping small businesses cope with these IT challenges.
The key is worry-free IT: your IT should run invisibly in the background so you can stay focused on business. Here’s a few ways how a worry-free cloud experience helps you cope with the IT challenges listed above.
- Controlling costs. Running your own IT infrastructure? You face equipment and software investments, ongoing costs in staffing and add-on services, and regular upgrades that require even more investment—and even cause disruptions. By moving to cloud-based IT services, you can replace these unpredictable costs with a consistent monthly bill—with no surprises.
- Mobile management. If you’re running your own IT infrastructure, then you have to spend time managing all the integration and security of all your mobile devices. With a cloud service, your provider makes it simple to use devices—and, more importantly, to manage all the devices that are accessing your critical data.
- Data security. Breaches in data security are big news these days. If anything, SMBs face GREATER risks than bigger businesses, because you can’t afford to employ teams of people to secure your IT infrastructure. That’s another reason to turn to the cloud: your provider DOES employ expert security teams who monitor threats 24/7 on your behalf.
- Managing growth. Every time someone joins your company, you have to run out and spend a small fortune on software. (And when someone leaves, you’re suddenly paying for software you don’t even need.) The cloud makes this simple: you can grow or shrink your software base as quickly as your business changes, without wasting any money on unneeded licenses.
Celebrating National Small Business Week
In the meantime, Osterman Research has published a great white paper detailing the timeless spectrum of benefits the cloud brings to SMBs. Read it to understand why the cloud offers higher reliability, easier integration and many other benefits you can’t get with on-premises IT.
* These fields are required.