Partners: Introducing Canadian plans with locally hosted services
We are thrilled to announce that we’ve opened our first Canadian datacenter in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Now you can offer your Canadian customers select Intermedia services with local hosting, including Hosted Exchange, Skype® for Business, SharePoint® and Encrypted Email.
This will appeal to your customers for a number of reasons. It helps you:
- Meet the needs of customers operating in regulated industries
- Improve performance by reducing latency when data is transferred between your customers and our datacenter
Built on over 12 years of experience, our pursuit of excellence coalesces around three key elements of the cloud:
- Performance. Our cloud minimizes network latency while maximizing processing capacity.
- Availability. Our cloud is purpose-built to deliver 99.999% uptime with a financially backed service-level agreement.
- Data protection and security. Our single greatest responsibility is to protect your data. This commitment permeates every aspect of our cloud and extends across our entire company.
Robust, redundant infrastructure to help ensure data protection
We maintain a robust, redundant infrastructure to ensure your and your customer’s data is protected, secure and available in our Canadian datacenter. As with all our datacenters, the Canadian datacenter boasts:
- SSAE 16 Type II compliance with verified levels of physical security
- Redundant electrical and cooling infrastructure, including diesel generators for backup power, to protect against potential problems
- Redundant power supply units in the unlikely event of a power feed failure
- Multiple Tier 1 Internet providers, including Bell Canada and others, which helps guarantee data availability
- A team of dedicated and certified information security experts
Canadian partners weigh in on the benefits of locally hosted services
We recently sat down with a few of our partners to discuss data residency and the benefits of locally hosted services for Canadian customers. Here’s what they had to say:
“After the launch of the Patriot Act, we’re seeing strong demand from Canadian customers who are concerned about privacy and data residency,” said Ryan Sigouin, President of Level4 Technologies. “Companies are warming up to the cloud. However, out-of-country data continues to be a barrier for many of these companies, particularly those in the construction industry. Being able to tell customers that their data is not just in the cloud, but physically located within the country opens up new business opportunities allowing us to further expand our local customer base.”
“Data residency is very important to our customers, particularly those in Government, Oil and Gas,” said Leonardo Soto, President of SotoNets Cloud Solutions. “Many regional governments in Canada require data to be stored within the country. Having the opportunity to offer customers enterprise-class services hosted in Canada is a tremendous value-add to our business. I can’t think of any other service that is more reliable than Intermedia, and now we can offer it locally.”
“We rely on Intermedia’s services to support our growing business,” said Shawn Freeman, President of TWT Group. “The Canadian datacenter opens new business opportunities, particularly those in regulated industries who are concerned about data sovereignty. As Canadian businesses continue to adopt cloud services, we provide a local onramp to the cloud with tightly integrated services that are backed by five nines reliability, enterprise-grade security and support.”
Our new Canadian datacenter is opening some great opportunities for our partners based in Canada. We’re looking forward to helping grow these already successful businesses and expanding cloud adoption throughout the country.
Partner with Intermedia to sell and support local cloud services
Contact Intermedia’s partner team at 888.299.2522 or firstname.lastname@example.org or learn more at intermedia.net/resellers