UK Cloud Adoption Snapshot & Trends for 2016: the Business Case for the Cloud
Cloud Industry Forum (CIF) has released their UK Cloud trends report for 2016. It’s called UK Cloud Adoption Snapshot & Trends for 2016. The Business Case for the Cloud.
As an independent body and not-for-profit organisation, CIF seeks to (a) clarify the business case for the Cloud, (b) provide insight as to how and why UK-based organisations are using cloud services, and (c) offer analysis on the key trends that are currently taking hold in the UK Cloud industry.
Here is a snapshot of some key findings of their report:
- 84% of organisations use the Cloud, demonstrating a steady increase in Cloud usage over the past 5 years:
- 48% in 2010
- 53% in 2011
- 61% in 2012
- 69% in 2013
- 78% in 2014
- 78% are using more than one Cloud-based service and half of all respondents expect to move their entire IT estate to the Cloud at some point.
The adoption process:
- 78% of organisations adopt a Cloud service trial before committing to buy Cloud services. 56% use a Cloud provider and 25% require third party assistance when migrating their services to the Cloud.
- The complexity of migration was difficult for 38% of respondents, as was data sovereignty (30%) and the dependency on internet access (29%).
Perception of Cloud benefits:
- 90% of respondents are satisfied with the results of using hosted and cloud-based services, with 56% seeing a competitive advantage from using the Cloud and a 22% anticipating such an advantage.
- The vast majority (94%) have experienced tangible benefits of cloud services, with 38% citing more flexible access to technology and 37% citing faster access to technology.
Inhibitors of Cloud:
- 70% of respondents cited concerns about data security and 61% are worried about data privacy when moving to the Cloud. Security concerns are preventing many organisations from migrating certain applications to the Cloud.
- However, the vast majority (99%) of all respondents have never experienced a breach of security when using a cloud service.
Read the full report for details
Intermedia is proud to be a member of Cloud Industry Forum. We see ourselves as a cloud enabler and are fully committed to giving customers and partners the support they need to start their journey to the Cloud. That’s why our Cloud Concierge team provides setup and onboarding for ALL of our services–not just Hosted Exchange. They work with you to set up your cloud environment and make sure it’s as simple as possible to move to the Cloud at a pace you determine.
Seamless migration with no interruption. And at no extra cost!
Follow @Intermedia_UK or contact us at +44(0)20 3384 2158.