Backup, File Sync and Share, Compliance, Features, News and announcements, Office 365, On-premises environments, Other providers, SecuriSync, Security
All new: SecuriSync now has real-time file backup!
Bojan Dusevic can finally relax. The new real-time backup and restore features that he and his team have been working on are now live and ready for use.
It’s an amazing feat. Bojan, our Senior Director of Product Management, led a development effort that involved more than just deploying a few hundred lines of code. It was a complete re-engineering project. Bojan’s team significantly changed SecuriSync’s backend, mobile interface, desktop experience, and admin controls. And the results are remarkable.
Adding real-time file backup and restore capabilities to SecuriSync’s already robust file sharing features converges two previously separate product categories. Intermedia SecuriSync is now the first affordable 2-in-1 cloud backup and file sharing solution!
New SecuriSync features offer real-time file backup and restore
SecuriSync now includes these important features:
- Automatically back up major file locations on PCs and Macs: Desktop, Documents and SecuriSync folders
- No scheduled backup—SecuriSync backs up a file every time it changes
- Recover all versions of individual files, including deleted files
- Roll-back any folder—or entire file space—to specific dates and times, down to the minute
- Create backup and retention policies, including file-type exclusion policies
- Manage and restore end-user file spaces
What prompted this effort? Customer and partner feedback and the realities of how companies are using SecuriSync.
Bojan puts it this way:
“The most common and the most important use case for existing SecuriSync customers was backup. Despite the fact that our old version lacked these new backup/restore features, customers loved the simplicity of having a single tool that facilitates file backup, sharing, mobility and security.”
With powerful new capabilities, SecuriSync now gives you a single tool for using, managing and protecting user files.
Sorry, CrashPlan, Carbonite and Mozy—the mass migration has begun.
Why would you continue to pay for both a backup solution like Mozy or Carbonite and a file sharing service like Dropbox or OneDrive when SecuriSync does both? Here’s what you get with SecuriSync:
- Real-time backup with no version gaps. SecuriSync backs up files in real-time, EVERY time the file is changed. Users can perform point-in-time roll-backs on individual files or the entire archive, down to the minute.
- Secure file sharing and collaboration. Users can sync and share files internally and externally using virtually any device, while maintaining control over file access permissions.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery. SecuriSync keeps operations up and running across a number of scenarios, from stolen devices to ransomware outbreaks.
- Users can keep working even while files are being restored. That’s right. No downtime for your workers. With SecuriSync, even if you’re restoring files to a user’s computer, they can still access, edit and share their files using the web on an alternate computer or with mobile apps. And file modifications are synced even during the restoration process. When Carbonite says a 100GB file set can take 24 hours to download, you can see how they just can’t measure up to SecuriSync.
- One vendor for simpler compliance and eDiscovery. Having separate vendors with different domains over your files makes compliance and eDiscovery even more complex. With SecuriSync, you consolidate providers without sacrificing functionality or protection. If you have to comply with HIPAA, FINRA, GLBA or other regulations, SecuriSync gives you one less thing to worry about.
- Intermedia’s Worry-Free Experience™. As with our other services, SecuriSync comes with enterprise-grade security, a 99.999% uptime SLA guaranteeing less than 26 seconds of unplanned monthly downtime, free onboarding and file server ingestion assistance, and 24/7 phone support with typical hold times of less than 60 seconds.
Two easy ways to get SecuriSync
You can get SecuriSync as part of Intermedia’s Office in the Cloud™, or as a standalone service. Learn more about SecuriSync plans and pricing on our website.
Using Office 365™? SecuriSync complements Office 365™ with additional file backup and sharing capabilities that integrate with Word, Outlook® and other Microsoft® Office apps.
Don’t let backup hold you back! Move forward with SecuriSync!
Got questions? Want to give SecuriSync a try? Give us a call at 800-379-7729 or visit the SecuriSync section of our website.