Exchange 2007 end-of-life FAQ for Intermedia customers
Q: Why do I have to upgrade to Exchange 2013?
A: Typically, after an Exchange platform has been around for about 10 years, Microsoft® will stop supporting it. This means that they stop offering extended support to Intermedia and more importantly, it means they stop releasing critical security patches essential to protecting your business against viruses and hackers, making it critical to migrate to a newer platform.
Q: Can I choose not to migrate?
A: Unfortunately, no. Because Intermedia wants to provide the best experience for our customers, we are proactively migrating all of our customers off of the 2007 platform well before Microsoft stops supporting it.
Q: What will I need to do in preparation for the migration?
A: We are taking every step possible to help ensure the migration is seamless and without downtime. However, there are a few things we will ask you to do in preparation for the migration:
- Upgrade your version of Outlook® – If you are using an older version of Outlook (2003 or older), you will need to upgrade your Outlook version to Outlook 2010 SP1.
- Identify where your DNS records are hosted – If you don’t host your domain with Intermedia, it’s common for our customers to use another provider such as GoDaddy or Network Solutions. We will send reminder emails to customers who don’t have domains hosted with Intermedia in about a month to let you know who your domain contact is.
Q: What if I don’t know how to upgrade my Outlook?
A: Upgrading is simple and easy to do via the HostPilot® control panel.
Q: What will the process for migration be like?
A: We are planning to handle as much as we can on the back end to help ensure the migration process is extremely transparent to you. Notifications about your exact migration date and what to expect will be sent prior to the start of migrations.
Q: How will my experience with my email change with a newer version of Outlook and Exchange?
A: You are likely to experience a number of enhancements with the Exchange and Outlook upgrades. Microsoft updated Exchange 2013 with mobility, collaboration and productivity enhancements including:
- Simplified and cleaner user interface;
- Redesigned OWA look and an optimized feel for touch screens;
- Optimization for mobile devices;
- Instant messaging integrated with Outlook and OWA;
- And much more.
Q: What about my other services like SharePoint®, Office Communications Server, etc.?
A: We will be working with you to get any additional services updated to the new platform. As we get closer to the migration date, more information will be shared about how those services will be migrated and in many cases, upgraded.
Q: What about my pricing? Will my bill change?
A: Your bill will change a little—but there will be no increases. You may even gain some additional services and features as part of the upgrade.
Q: Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
A: If you have any other questions prior, you can always contact your account manager at 800.379.7729.
HostPilot is either a trademark or registered trademark of Intermedia.net, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft, Outlook, and SharePoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.