Eric Martorano named one of CRN’s Most Influential 2017 Channel Chiefs
CRN chooses the executives on this elite annual list from the larger pool of Channel Chief honorees each year. They represent the cream of the IT channel crop—leaders who drive the channel agenda and evangelize the importance of channel partnerships. CRN’s editorial staff selects honorees on the basis of their professional achievements, standing in the industry, dedication to the channel partner community and strategies for driving future growth and innovation. Each of the 2017 Channel Chiefs has demonstrated loyalty and ongoing support for the channel by consistently promoting, defending and executing outstanding partner programs. However, only 50 of these executives were selected for the Most Influential list, each singled out for his or her prominent role in guiding and shaping the IT channel itself.
Bob Faletra, CEO of The Channel Company, shares insight into how they select the Channel Chiefs list:
“The executives on our 2017 Channel Chiefs list have distinguished themselves by building strong partner programs, developing and executing effective business strategy and helping to advance the channel as a whole. They represent an extraordinary group of individuals who lead by example and serve as both invaluable advocates and innovators of the IT channel. We applaud their achievements and look forward to their successes in the coming year.”
Eric Martorano scales Intermedia’s well-established partner program
Since joining the Intermedia leadership team in September 2016, Eric has hit the ground running. He’s been instrumental in developing an organizational design to continue scaling Intermedia’s successful global go-to-market strategy while helping partners increase their own profitability. Under Eric’s leadership, we’ve accomplished quite a lot:
- Restructuring of our worldwide sales organization: To strengthen Intermedia’s channel ecosystem, Eric is increasing investments across nearly every sales function, from customer and partner account management to sales enablement and engineering.
- Hiring new sales leaders: To support the organizational redesign, Eric named a combination of new and existing executives to lead departments. This included bringing on some of the industry’s most talented business professionals with career experience at companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, and Ingram Micro.
- Bringing profitability opportunities to Microsoft® Office 365®: Intermedia offers channel partners a significant advantage when selling Office 365 – the ability to enhance Office 365 with add-on solutions sold through Intermedia’s Private Label program, which lets partners sell under their own brand. By pairing Office 365 with integrated solution offerings such as unified communications, backup, continuity, compliance, and security services, along with J.D. Power-certified support1 and Worry-Free migration assistance, Intermedia is helping partners increase their profitability while bringing exceptional value to their clients.
- Increasing sales support: Eric’s organizational redesign enabled Intermedia’s sales team to engage more deeply by decreasing the number of partners managed by each representative. This also involves increasing sales training, adding more marketing and sales assistance, and making continued developments to Intermedia’s Private Label program.
- Expanding partner resources: Intermedia partners using the ConnectWise Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform produce nearly 50 percent more in monthly recurring revenue than those that aren’t. Eric was instrumental in helping to expand the integration between Intermedia’s Partner Portal and ConnectWise to further help partners succeed.
When I asked Mike Gold, CEO at Intermedia, for his thoughts on Eric’s big win, here was his reaction:
“While at Microsoft, Eric became familiar with Intermedia and saw our potential and the value we deliver. Similarly, we realized Eric’s tremendous skills as an executive and what a true asset he is to the channel. Eric has continued to build out a world-class sales organization here at Intermedia, and what he’s achieved in this relatively short period of time is remarkable. His industry recognition is well deserved.”
Review the complete 2017 Channel Chiefs list
For a list of the 2017 Top 50 Most Influential Channel Chiefs, check out this slideshow.
1. J.D. Power 2016 Certified Assisted Technical Support Program, developed in conjunction with TSIA. Based on successful completion of an audit and exceeding a customer satisfaction benchmark for assisted support operations. For more information, visit www.jdpower.com or www.tsia.com.