SecuriSync Innovation Continues: Enhanced Web Links and Other New Features
Intermedia’s backup and file sharing solution, SecuriSync®, makes it easy to share files and folders with web links. Web links can be used to share content with co-workers, external business partners, and even customers and clients. We recently enhanced the control and flexibility of web links, along with rolling out some additional new features.
New upload links – an easy and secure way to collect documents
One of the most popular feature requests we’ve had is for Upload links. These allow users to easily collect files from external parties. For example, you might be a law firm that needs to collect a set of documents from a client, or you might have a sales team that needs to receive information from prospective customers. Upload links are a great way to securely gather documents on a short-term basis. (For more ongoing types of collaboration with external parties, you can set up External Sharing, a feature included at no additional charge for all SecuriSync accounts.)
New controls for web links
Since web links offer such an easy way to share content, we’ve made the following updates to give SecuriSync customers a way to control access to content via web links:
- Link access – administrators can control who is able to access content shared via web links with the following access settings: anyone, anyone with a password, other SecuriSync users or only co-workers.
- Link permissions – users can determine what type of permissions the web link should have: View Only, View & Download, Upload and Download, and Upload Only. Users can also set a password for the link. Administrators can set permission settings for all users on an account.
- Link expiration dates – users can set an expiration date for web links, after which point, the content is no longer accessible via the link. This is an additional measure of control around sharing that is also configurable by administrators on an account-wide basis.
Additional user experience enhancements
In addition to these web link updates, we also rolled out other new features:
- Bandwidth controls – users can configure upload and download bandwidth limits on their Mac® and Windows® desktop clients. This can help eliminate network congestion during the initial sync as well as for ongoing large-file synchronization.
- New iOS application – completely redesigned, the new iOS application improves the user experience for mobile users of SecuriSync on iPhone® and iPad® devices.
SecuriSync is Backup and File Sharing in one
These new features are included at no additional charge for all SecuriSync plans, starting at $4.99 per user per month for both mobile access and file sharing and collaboration, plus desktop file backup and restore features. Current SecuriSync customers and partners can take advantage of these new features now. For more information visit www.intermedia.net/securisync or call us at 800.379.7729.
SecuriSync is either a trademark or registered trademark of Intermedia.net, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac, iPhone and iPad are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. in the United States and other countries.