Increase cloud security with Intermedia Cloud Server
In today’s security-conscious world, it’s more important than ever to know where your business applications run and what’s being done to protect them.
If you’re considering a cloud application infrastructure product like Cloud Server from Intermedia, then you should know the exhaustive steps we’ve taken to ensure that Cloud Server meets the high level of security that you demand — including datacenters, firewalls, VPN, components, migration, and much more.
Advanced security at every level
Cloud Server is hosted in an SSAE16 Type II compliant, Tier III datacenter with redundant electrical and cooling infrastructure, verified levels of physical security, and redundant power supplies. To help ensure performance, availability and data protection, Intermedia’s datacenters offer:
- Cloud Server is hosted in Intermedia’s co-located Virginia datacenter
- Highly secure and reliable Tier III datacenter
- A consistently more secure environment than most on-premises deployments can provide
- Internal and external closed circuit television (CCTV) surveillance
- Biometric scanners control access to datacenter floor
- 24×7 on-site security staffing
- Dedicated security staff monitors network activity
- Every employee, regardless of their role, undergoes a rigorous background check
- Employee access to electronic credentials is strictly controlled, monitored and audited
- Fully isolated tenant network for each customer
- Integrated perimeter firewall and site-to-site VPN services
- Managed network Intrusion Prevention System helps keep your Cloud Servers safe
- VPNs facilitate hybrid cloud scenarios between on-premise and cloud-based environments
- Cloud Server’s datacenter is SSAE16 Type II compliant
Intermedia’s commitment to quality extends to its storage and networking hardware, its VMware virtualization applications, and its Microsoft platform software. On the virtualization layer, VMware vCloud Director and VMWare vSphere 5 Enterprise helps ensure a highly reliable and scalable virtualized cloud infrastructure. Our Cloud Server infrastructure is flexible and resource-efficient, with the uptime guarantees and physical security you’ve come to expect from an experienced application infrastructure provider like Intermedia.
Cloud-aware firewall and VPN
For Cloud Server, VMware vShield Edge integrates perimeter firewall and optional VPN services to help guarantee privacy and provide dedicated network access.
vShield Edge also offers visibility into and control over network gateway traffic. VPN services protect the confidentiality and integrity of communications in multi-tenant environments. The firewall and VPN services are cloud aware, so if your network does failover to another physical node, your security settings follow it.
VMware vShield Edge firewalls are more flexible than hardware firewalls because they’re tightly integrated with VMware HA and vMotion. Stateful inspection firewall allows users to control network access using source and destination information, significantly increasing network edge security
To protect against data loss or corruption, Cloud Server is backed up every night. Intermedia’s technical support team can restore a full image or a subset of files if you need to reestablish access to your business data. And Cloud Server offers a 99.999% financially backed uptime guarantee. If service levels fall below that threshold, Intermedia is prepared to refund fees to customers who experience outages.
Expert onboarding and migration
Our Cloud Concierge™ team assists with your migration and onboarding needs. They work behind the scenes to provision or migrate servers without interrupting you or your users.
To initiate a physical-to-virtual or virtual-to-virtual conversion, Intermedia will provide you with a procedure that you’ll execute on your legacy server. After transferring the image of your old deployment, Intermedia will work with you to run a security audit, configure the server and establish RDP access. Then they will work behind-the-scenes to configure it along with your firewall rules, any VPN settings and anything else necessary to help make sure your new VM is a perfect match.
Still have questions about Cloud Server security? Want to learn more about Cloud Server? Contact us today at 800-379-7729.