NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO ENTRANTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. THE PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR LOCATIONS WHERE SWEEPSTAKES ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO, AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY, UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION UNLESS YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH BELOW AND ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT A LOCATION (STATE, COUNTY, PROVINCE AND CITY) WHERE SWEEPSTAKES ARE NOT PROHIBITED AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The entry period for the “Intermedia Hawaii Vacation Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) begins on April 18, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time and ends on December 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Winner will be randomly selected during the first week of January 2017 after the Sweepstakes Period from all eligible entries as more fully set forth By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of Intermedia.net, Inc. ("Intermedia"), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to entrants who are legal residents of the United States (excluding residents of locations where sweepstakes are restricted or not permitted), and who are 18 years of age or older as of date of The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, an entrant must (a) attend a conference, trade show or similar event at which Intermedia has a presentation booth and is offering participation in the Sweepstakes (as evidenced by the presence of Sweepstakes-related posters and/or entry collection bins) and (b) provide Intermedia with his or her business card with entrant’s contact information or, where applicable, allow Intermedia to scan his or her conference badge and thereby obtain entrant’s contact information . Please note that, by providing Intermedia with your business card or allowing Intermedia to scan your conference badge (in either case as an entry in the Sweepstakes), you are consenting to having Intermedia contact you to discuss your potential interest in purchasing Intermedia products or services. If you do not wish to hear from Intermedia, simply do not enter the Sweepstakes.
All entries must be received by December 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time in order to be included in the Sweepstakes.
Intermedia reserves the right in its sole discretion to stop taking entries prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period and award the prize to an entrant who has validly entered as of such earlier termination date. Intermedia also reserves the right in its sole discretion to extend or modify the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes entries will be deemed null and void and will be rejected if not submitted through authorized and legitimate channels.
- PRIZE and ODDS: Grand Prize – One (1) prize winner (“Winner”) will be selected at random from all eligible entries and will receive a four (4) day / three (3) night trip to Maui, Hawaii for Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) at Honua Kai Resort and Spa, consisting of the following: [a] hotel accommodations (one (1) standard double occupancy bedroom or studio, including room tax) for three (3) consecutive nights; [b] two (2) round-trip coach air transportation (with possible layovers) on an Intermedia-selected carrier between an Intermedia-selected major metropolitan airport near Winner’s residence (“Airport of Origin”) and Kahului Airport; and [c] round trip ground transportation between (i) Winner’s residence and the Airport of Origin and (ii) Kahului Airport and the Honua Kai Resort and Spa, on an Intermedia-selected shuttle service (the “Trip”). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Trip is $3,500.00 USD, which will vary depending upon point of departure and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares.
Trip is for a Winner and one (1) Guest of a Winner’s choosing. Winner will have the sole right to decide which individual will accompany him/her on the Trip. A Winner’s Guest (if Guest is a Minor, then his/her parent) must sign and return a travel release prior to issuance of documents. If any Guest is a Minor, he/she must be accompanied on the Trip by his/her parent (including, but not limited to, in-flight). The Winner and his/her Guest (“Group”) must travel together on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (e.g., valid photo I.D, passport, etc.) before departure. Once selected by Winner, Guest cannot be changed without the express consent of Intermedia, which may be withheld for any reason. Winner understands and agrees that Intermedia has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any Group member from any activity at any time if such Group member’s behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Intermedia, or an affiliate, or otherwise violates the rules or policies of Intermedia or the applicable resort. Winner acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of any of Guest related to any Sweepstakes-related activity or travel.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: alcoholic and other beverages, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, taxes, internet charges, and telephone calls (including fax charges). Travel, lodging and Prize elements are subject to availability, certain restrictions, black-out dates and Intermedia’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. The Group must travel between March 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 (on dates selected by Winner, subject to availability and approval by Intermedia), or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Intermedia’s sole discretion, awarded to an alternate Winner. No extensions will be granted. Travel must be booked and arranged through Intermedia, and Intermedia shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. The Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to travel and if such travel exceeds the ARV, the Winner may either (i) select a different date of travel or (ii) pay for any Trip expenses, to the extent they exceed the ARV. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered, and failure of a Winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Intermedia in any way to provide the Winner with alternate arrangements. Intermedia is not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used.
If the actual value of the Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. The Prize is not transferable, but may be redeemable for cash in the amount stated as the ARV. No substitution allowed except, at Intermedia’s sole discretion, a Prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Intermedia will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and Prize is validly claimed by January 31, 2017. A Prize will be awarded solely to the individual Winner who submitted the winning Entry and not to the Winner’s employer or other entity identified on the Winner’s business card or conference badge scan.
Winner shall be solely responsible for all taxes, including, without limitation, U.S. federal, state and/or local taxes (including, without limitation, income and withholding taxes). Sales taxes on the Prize and any expenses in excess of the Prize amount, and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of a Winner. The Winner may be required to remit to Intermedia an amount to cover the balance or the entire amount, as the case may be, of all applicable withholding taxes at the normal rates required by law (notwithstanding any tax treaties that may provide for lower rates of tax withholding, including exemption from withholding with the satisfaction of qualification requirements) prior to being awarded the Prize and failure to do so will result in disqualification. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099-MISC reflecting the final actual value of his/her Prize. Limit one (1) prize, in total, for this Sweepstakes Period.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be selected at random during the first week of January 2017 after the end of the Sweepstakes Period from all eligible entries. Intermedia shall have no liability for any Winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond as directed within five (5) days following the first notification attempt, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected, in Intermedia’s sole discretion, in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries. If necessary, Intermedia will successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential alternate winners of the Prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner of the Prize in question after such attempts have been made, the Prize may go un-awarded. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Sweepstakes Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in the manner described above.
- GENERAL RELEASE: By participating, each entrant agrees that Intermedia, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, licensees and assigns and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the Intermedia assumes no responsibility for any lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, scanner, scanner connections; or for any miscommunications, failed computer scans, satellite, cable transmissions, and technical errors related to a computer system, phone line, hardware, scanner, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Intermedia is not responsible for illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, or stolen entries or prize notifications. By accepting the Prize, Winner acknowledges that Intermedia has neither made, nor is in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including but not limited to its quality or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, an entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized name on the business card. Only the type and quantity of the Prize described in these Official Sweepstakes Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Sweepstakes Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.