Intermedia offers ASP.NET 4 host on Windows 2008 Web Hosting Plans
Microsoft ASP.NET is a programming framework built on the common language and can be used to create anything from small, TestimonialPersonal websites through to large, enterprise-class web applications with a minimum of coding.
The first versions of ASP.NET offered several important advantages over previous Web development models. The last release – ASP.NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010 include lots of new features and improvements that enable you to easily build, deploy and manage great Web sites and applications.
ASP.NET web pages are used as a programmable user interface web application. ASP.NET provides the user with information in either a browser or client device and implements application logic using server-side code.
ASP.NET web pages for hosting:
- Based on technology Microsoft ASP.NET, according to which the code running on the server, dynamically creates the output data of web pages to the browser or client device.
- Compatible with any browser or mobile device. ASP.NET pages automatically display the HTML with capabilities such as styles, layout, etc., in accordance with the type of browser. In addition, you can develop an ASP.NET web page to run on certain browsers, such as Microsoft IE 6, and take advantage of features specific to this browser.
- Compatible with any language that is supported by the CLR in .NET, including Microsoft Visual Basic and Microsoft Visual C#.
- Built on Microsoft .NET Framework. This allows you to take advantage of the platform, including a managed environment, strong typing and inheritance.
- There are flexible tools, since they can be added by the user or a third party controls.
Tasks that can be done with hosting using ASP.NET.
When programming, web applications have such problems, which usually does not arise when programming traditional client applications. Here are some of them:
- Implementing a complex Web UI. Develop and implement a user interface using basic HTML features can be quite tricky, especially if the page has a complicated structure, a large amount of dynamic content and full-featured interactive objects.
- Separating the functions of the client and server. In a browser and server are different programs which are often run on different computers (and even running different operating systems). Hence, these two applications together are using only a small amount of information. They can interact, but as a rule, exchange only small pieces of basic information.
- Execution that contains no states. When the web server receives a request for a page, it finds the page, processes it, sends to the browser, and then deletes all information about it. If the user again requests this page, the server will completely repeat these steps to re-processing this page. In other words, the server does not store information about processed pages: pages are not states. Therefore, if the application needs to store information about the page, no state can be a problem.
- Unknown client capabilities. In many cases, web applications are accessible to many users using different browsers. Browsers have different capabilities; it is difficult to create an application that runs identically on all browsers.
- Complexities associated with data access. Reading and writing data source in traditional web applications can be complex and resource intensive.
- Difficulties associated with scalability. In many cases, web-based applications developed using the existing methods are not scalable because of the incompatibility of the various components of the application. This is often a lack of applications with significant variations of the processed data.
To solve these problems, the web application may take additional time and effort. The following describes methods by which the platform ASP.NET dealing with these problems.
- Intuitive and consistent object model. Platform ASP.NET provides for your host an object model to work with forms as a single entity rather than as a separate client and server parts. In this model the page can be programmed more intuitive way than in traditional web applications. You can specify properties for page elements and form a response to events. In addition, the ASP.NET server controls are an abstraction of the physical contents of the HTML-page and direct interaction between the browser and the server. Typically, a server controls, you can work the same way as the controls in client applications, not thinking about while writing code HTML, representing the manufacturing and controls and their contents.
- Event driven programming model. ASP.NET pages with web-based applications provide a familiar model for creating handlers for events that occur on the client side or server. This model is in the platform ASP.NET are so abstract that the main mechanism for capturing the event on the client, send it to the server and call the appropriate method is fully automatic and invisible to the developer. The result is a simple code structure that supports the development of event-based mechanism.
- Intuitive control states. ASP.NET hosting platform automatically solves the problem of maintaining the state of the page and its controls, and provides clear ways to maintain state information about a specific application. This problem can be solved without the use of considerable resources on the server and can be realized without sending, and sending a cookie to the browser object.
- Application regardless of the browser. ASP.NET platform makes effective algorithms for the application server, eliminating the need for additional programming for different browsers. However, it also allows you to take advantage of a particular browser by writing code on the client side for better performance and more wide FIR client capabilities.
- Support the common language runtime (CLR).NET Framework. Model for web pages based on .NET Framework platform, so all the capabilities of this platform available to any application with ASP.NET. Applications can be written in any language compatible with the runtime. In addition, access to data is simplified through the use of infrastructure, data access technology .NET Framework, including ADO.NET.
- Scalable applications provided the technology .NET Framework. ASP.NET hosting platform makes it difficult changes in the algorithms for web applications to scale them on a computer with a single processor to the many.
ASP.NET web hosting
Intermedia provides ASP NET web hosting on Windows 2008/IIS7 Server with .NET support. As the software web server MS internet Informational Server is used with Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5. For dynamic pages creation Intermedia provides .NET web host services, ASP web hosting services, MSSQL hosting services. Choice of ASP.NET web hosting is defined by a choice of Microsoft development technologies: IIS, Windows server, MSSQL server as a platform of web applications development. Using ASP.NET web hosting allows you to work with high-efficiency MSSQL Server databases.
ASP.NET 3.5, .NET 3.0, and ASP.NET 2.0 are still available on our Windows 2008 Hosting and Windows 2003 Hosting platform. ASP.NET 1.1 Hosting is only available on our Windows 2003 Hosting platform.