Intermedia: Director of Marketing Operations
Intermedia is a rapidly expanding B2B tech SaaS company that helps SMB businesses deliver stellar customer experiences and reach the most efficient employee productivity with our business cloud services. We are a 900-employee strong company that serves over a million customers with communications and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support and drive a strong product roadmap filled with game-changing innovations designed for continuous delivery of the very best communications solutions. We primarily go to market through our 6,600 active partner network across the US.
We are seeking a Director of Marketing Operations to drive an efficient, impactful marketing operations model across the 30-person marketing team at Intermedia. This management position will bring together an amazing team of marketers around a single marketing plan, with a clear framework for execution, insights to learn and adjust on the fly and real-time boardroom-ready metrics. We are seeking someone who is operationally-minded, data-driven, detail-oriented and excited about helping marketing colleagues and their stakeholders to deliver the very best business outcomes. This is a management position, that will oversee a team of 3 full-time employees. The Director of Marketing Operations will not only oversee the operations model but also marketing customer data stewardship and the marketing tech stack. It is the ideal role for someone with an analytic mind-set who enjoys helping a stellar marketing organization to accelerate even faster.
- MARKETING OPERATIONS MODEL:
- Build and own the operational model for Intermedia’s marketing team. This includes working with the CMO on defining and completing the annual marketing plan, applying objectives and metrics, building a real-time CMO-level marketing dashboard that enables a data-driven marketing organization, and then managing the right operational model for ops reviews, action list, and tracking.
- Work with the CMO to define the annual marketing plan and then manage the process across marketing department leads to align all functionality with Intermedia business goals and define the quantifiable metrics that each team member will be measured against across the year.
- Build a measurable marketing ops model that every individual on the marketing team understands with metrics applicable to each individual that roles up to the board-ready annual marketing plan.
- Own and maintain the real-time dashboard, existing on a data-visualization platform for quick understanding of trends, gaps, and opportunities for the marketing team to act on.
- Own the model for marketers across the company to review relevant results, decide on next actions and then track for improvements. This role is not just a metrics/tech role. The Director of Marketing Operations will set the operational model for smooth and efficient operations across the entire marketing team and in close collaboration with sales and IT.
- Run a regular cadence with the CMO for daily updates as needed, on-going ops reviews, monthly CEO-level reporting and quarterly Board of Director-level reporting. The Director of Marketing Operations is fundamental in supporting the plan, results, and interpretation of results for executive leadership at Intermedia.
- Be the creative force that helps marketing across functions (direct demand, channel, customer, awareness, PR, AR, and product) to define THEIR metrics that are directly attributable to Intermedia business results – and then own working with each team leader to track their team’s metrics. It is hard for many to find a set of metrics that plugs directly into business results. The Marketing Operations Manager will help each team member with the process.
- Responsible for the marketing attribution model what must line up with sales modeling.
- Pull data from across organizations and platforms to create a real-time dashboard for the CMO
- The Operations Manager will manage one data analytics professional as well as expandable contractors and agencies depending on business needs.
- Analyze existing data as well as historical trends in order to provide early insights into opportunities and improvement areas for the marketing team.
- Track ROI across channels, campaigns, teams, and activities. We week the highest return for our marketing investment at all times.
- Surface actionable insights from cross-tabulated data that drive improvement in team performance.
- Own the demand funnel in alignment with sales. Track conversions at each point in the buying cycle across channels and touch points, manage a credible reporting process, own the tracking against industry standards, and continually drive direct and channel demand improvements with relevant marketing and sales leaders.
- Own lead scoring, lead quality, campaign tracking, lead management, targeting, segmentation strategy and alignment with sales initiatives.
- Conduct ad-hoc research when deviations from targets are noted, providing insights to functional owners in order to drive action.
- TECH AND TOOLS:
- Manage the marketing tech stack (Marketo marketing automation and other technologies) in alignment with sales ops and IT, to ensure the most competitive operational platform for Intermedia’s marketing organization to operate from.
- Manage a team of two Marketo operations experts plus expandable contractor and agency resourcing.
- Become the Marketo AND Salesforce expert to track a single source of demand KPI’s that 100% matches sales ops metrics and reporting from end-to-tend.
- Continually seek, review, and deploy new tools for improving efficiency and impact across the marketing team.
- Manage all marketing operations vendors in collaboration with IT
- Own operations of the marketing database – segmentation, data hygiene and completeness, appended fields, audience acquisition plans and metrics, attrition monitoring and metrics, frequency of contact governance.
- REPORTING AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- Deliver easy to understand reports designed to align marketing directly with Intermedia business operations; measure each marketing department and activity against, and to identify gaps and operations
- Work across functional teams and leverage the metrics reports and analysis to prepare monthly marketing deep-dive PPT decks for CMO use with CEO and executive leadership; quarterly PPT decks for CMO use with Intermedia Board of Directors, and on-going use by each marketing team as per the operational model.
- Be able to present findings in clear, credible, business relevant manner to executive level audience.
- CROSS-ORGANIZATIONAL COLLABORATION
- The Director of Marketing Operations will align marketing leaders across departments; work closely with sales operations and sales leadership, as well as IT to deliver a measurable operations model that aligns from top to bottom and with sales reporting.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Collaborates well with people in other functions towards common business goals (marketing leaders, sales ops, sales, IT…)
- Strategic thinker, with exceptional attention to detail in execution.
- Hands-on leader, solid people manager who promotes a positive, competitive environment and values employee career development
- Able to showcase design of past operational model(s) developed and led by the candidate
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines and objectives
- Translating volumes of detailed data into concise, relevant business insights for senior management
- Able to conduct quantitative analyses to forecast program results
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise in operations and market insight
- Execution. Gets things done – quickly. As an entrepreneurial mid-sized company in a highly competitive market, all leaders must be scrappy, creative, and operated at an accelerated pace.
- Experience and track record of building and running highly sophisticated and scalable marketing operations and technology environments
- Experience managing, monitoring, and enforcing SLAs for demand generation
- 5+ years in marketing or sales operations, in the tech B2B industry, ideally for a SaaS company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related or technical field such as Marketing, Information Technology, Public Relations, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Computer Science, or any other related field
- Certification or relevant experience in Marketo, SFDC, BI, and data visualization tools.
- Expertise in lead scoring, ROI, leading volume trends, forecasting, SaaS experience.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills