Intermedia is a leading Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS), business cloud email and productivity applications provider hyper-focused on delivering easy-to-use and secure communication and collaboration solutions to businesses and the partners that serve them. More than 125,000 business customers and 6,600 active partners rely on Intermedia’s tightly integrated suite of cloud applications that are managed through one intuitive point of control and are backed by 99.999% uptime SLAs and J.D. Power-certified 24/7 technical support. Solutions include the all-in-one cloud communications and collaboration platform Intermedia UniteTM, Intermedia Contact Center, web and video conferencing, file sharing & backup, business email, security, archiving, and more.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, Intermedia has over 1000 employees across the world, with more than 350 based in St. Petersburg.
About the role
Intermedia is looking for a Manager of Desktop Support to lead our Global Desktop Support team. Our Desktop Support team provides support to all Intermedia employees and contractors. We handle a wide range of issues across multiple office locations, including hardware and software.
- Provide leadership, vision, management and strategic planning for the Desktop Support team
- Establish departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Manage and maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; Develop growth opportunities for the staff
- Develop, establish and enforce standard operating procedures and best practices for staff and end-users
- Liaise with department heads regularly to determine their IT needs and define SLAs between Desktop Support and other departments
- Define and deliver strategic plans for implementing information technologies that affect end-users
- Develop, track, and manage the Desktop Support operating and capital budgets. Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures & analyzing variances
- Oversee the maintenance, deployment and implementation of all desktop software, applications, systems and end-user hardware
- Responsible for ordering, inventory control, and disposition of end-user hardware and software
- Provide planning and policy-guidance for the corporate environment and users in coordination with the IT SysAdmin and Security teams
- Assist in the implementation of security and privacy of corporate end-user systems, data, and equipment
- Assist with security audits and investigations of corporate end-user systems and data when needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; industry conferences; professional publications; benchmarking industry best practices
- Available after-hours and “on call” for emergency issues
- Technical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS’s and Applications (Exchange, Skype for Business, Active Directory, WSUS, SCCM, O365)
- Technical knowledge of virtualization and VDI (VMWare Horizon View)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mature leadership and management skills
- Financial skills relating to budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems
- You will have the global Desktop Support Technicians team as direct reports
Years of Experience & Educational background:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
5 years’ experience in IT Management
- Saint-Petersburg office, the technology capital of the company, was founded in 2000 and is located close to the "Alexandra Nevskogo Square" metro station.
- You will find: good salary, flexible schedule, social guaranties, open and friendly atmosphere, highly professional team, interesting tasks.
Откликнуться на вакансию