INTERMEDIA is a Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud email provider hyper-focused on delivering easy-to-use and secure communication and collaboration solutions to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and the partners that serve them.
We offer cloud voice, web/video/content sharing and conferencing, chat, presence, file backup, sync and share, business email, identity and access management, security, archiving, and more.
Our clients are more than 1 mln. people, thousands of business customers and partners. Our team is 800+ over the world and 300+ employees in St. Petersburg.
About the role
Intermedia is looking for a Manager of Desktop Support to lead our Global Desktop Support team. Our Desktop Support team provides support to all Intermedia employees and contractors. We handle a wide range of issues across multiple office locations, including hardware and software.
- Provide leadership, vision, management and strategic planning for the Desktop Support team
- Establish departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Manage and maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; Develop growth opportunities for the staff
- Develop, establish and enforce standard operating procedures and best practices for staff and end-users
- Liaise with department heads regularly to determine their IT needs and define SLAs between Desktop Support and other departments
- Define and deliver strategic plans for implementing information technologies that affect end-users
- Develop, track, and manage the Desktop Support operating and capital budgets. Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures & analyzing variances
- Oversee the maintenance, deployment and implementation of all desktop software, applications, systems and end-user hardware
- Responsible for ordering, inventory control, and disposition of end-user hardware and software
- Provide planning and policy-guidance for the corporate environment and users in coordination with the IT SysAdmin and Security teams
- Assist in the implementation of security and privacy of corporate end-user systems, data, and equipment
- Assist with security audits and investigations of corporate end-user systems and data when needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; industry conferences; professional publications; benchmarking industry best practices
- Available after-hours and “on call” for emergency issues
- Technical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS’s and Applications (Exchange, Skype for Business, Active Directory, WSUS, SCCM, O365)
- Technical knowledge of virtualization and VDI (VMWare Horizon View)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mature leadership and management skills
- Financial skills relating to budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems
- You will have the global Desktop Support Technicians team as direct reports
Years of Experience & Educational background:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
5 years’ experience in IT Management
- Saint-Petersburg office, the technology capital of the company, was founded in 2000 and is located close to the "Alexandra Nevskogo Square" metro station.
- You will find: good salary, flexible schedule, social guaranties, open and friendly atmosphere, highly professional team, interesting tasks.
Откликнуться на вакансию