Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company with 6,500 active partners across the US that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the Role:
If you are seeking a career role that encourages you to think outside the box and fosters growth and opportunities with a company that recognizes individual and collaborative project achievements, then look no further. The Technical Support Engineer is an escalation point for the front line Support team as well as our Office in the Cloud customers. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will work through technical support solutions with our clients and escalate issues out of your scope to the System Administration team. We are looking for people that are self-motivated team players with high critical thinking skills. Our Support team is the heartbeat of the company which also provides many avenues to branch off from. Work shifts may include nights and/or weekends.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support to Intermedia customers and Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Answer incoming phone calls from your assigned telephone queue
- Respond to escalated support requests
- Assist existing clients with Exchange Server upgrade migrations
- Recognize trends and report them to System Administration
- Find and document any new support issues
- Work together with other team members
- Providing excellent technical support and customer service to our customers
- Creating custom scripts and tools to automate and improve overhead on daily support tasks
- MCITP: Server Administrator (Windows 2008)
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange (2007 or 2010)
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- MCSE: Messaging
- Windows Powershell, VB, or .NET scripting/coding
- Experience with Microsoft OCS/LYNC, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM
- Experience with BlackBerry, iOS, Android, and other mobile technologies
- Additional professional technology certifications such as MCSE, Redhat, PMP, etc.
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, IIS, and MSSQL
- Fundamental understanding of DNS, Mail Flow, Spam Filtering
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong sense of client commitment
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to work proactively and independently
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Detailed oriented with good documentation skills
- Comfort operating in a face paced environment that's constantly evolving and changing
- Ability to work with multiple departments to coordinate client satisfaction
- Exceptional communication and amazing people skills with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships
- The ability and drive to deliver high quality results with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and problem solving skills to support a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated project management skills across a wide range of disciplines with an emphasis on customer service
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task, efficient, timely and reliable
- Ability to work independently and confidently with a remote manager