Desktop Support Technician (Contract)
Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company with 6,500 active partners across the US that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the Role:
Intermedia is looking for a Desktop Support Technician to join our IT team. Our IT team provides support to all Intermedia employees. We handle a wide range of issues across multiple office locations and remote workers, including hardware, software, systems management and maintenance.
What you’ll be doing:
The daily work load for the IT Team is driven by phone calls and tickets from our users. The types of items you would be working on would include:
• Imaging and deployment of new workstations to corporate users, including laptops and desktops
• Maintaining OS and software images for different levels of corporate workstations
• Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of deployed workstations, including OS upgrades, software installs, and troubleshooting of software issues
• Troubleshooting hardware issues and engaging vendor support assistance as needed
• Deployment and management of corporate VOIP phones (both physical phones and SIP client setup and configuration)
• Assist with the management and maintenance of other office assets (printers, copiers, fax machines)
• User account management (create new accounts in Active Directory, setup mailboxes, reset passwords, assist with accounts that have been locked out)
• Provide feedback to the IT Management team with ways to streamline support for end users and enhance automation of deployment of equipment
What you will bring to the role:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft client Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7)
• Strong knowledge of at least one imaging/automation tool (such as Altiris)
• Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suites (all versions)
• Strong knowledge of Mac OSX
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to document processes and procedures
• Ability to identify automation opportunities
• Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value
• Knowledge of VDI
• Knowledge of SIP and VOIP phone systems
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange and user management
Years of Experience & Educational requirements:
• Microsoft MCSA: Windows 10 preferred