Implementation Project Coordinator
Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company with 6,500 active partners across the US that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the role
The position is ~70% management of multiple complex special voice implementations, working directly with internal teams including sales and on-boarding, and externally with key customers, partners, and vendors to coordinate all associated provisioning, porting and number management activities. For most projects, this will include doing the actual provisioning and porting. This may also include working with sales and on-boarding on discovery and solution definition of how to stage and perform the provisioning and porting, prior to receipt of orders.
This role includes close and often non-standard involvement with our strategic partners to handle process, status and order questions, issues, and escalations regarding service order processing and defining new processes to support them both during the implementation, and in some cases, on an ongoing basis. Processes and communications are often not scripted and are specific to the situation. Excellent communication skills, independent leadership, and follow-through are required.
Other special projects may be assigned such as handling service orders early in the launch of new functionality, channels and products, helping to develop and fine tune new processes while acting on orders.
The position is ~30% routine carrier and order provisioning.
As part of the Voice Service Delivery team (Carrier and Service Order Provision), the individual’s emphasis may shift over time. The individual may also be required to work specified hours for coverage purposes and these may change from time to time.
As with our standard order provisioning specialist roles, the implementation coordinator job responsibilities include all aspects of order management for work orders where accuracy and proactive issue handling are essential. Projects may be complex, frequently changing, and require strong product management skills, good business judgement to independently determine best handling and solutions and excellent people management skills to ‘sell’ the recommended path forward.
The coordinator interacts with internal and external customers and partners to obtain necessary paperwork, advise on order status, determine compliance with business rules and industry practices, work through issues, and schedule and coordinate number porting and services changes. Throughout, the coordinator is responsible for providing a high touch and quality customer service experience, with timely updates and order completion. The individual is expected to competently address escalations, working directly with our carrier, the partner, customer, and even the customer’s service provider or carrier as appropriate.
Key Deliverables/Success Factors (Initial goals for performance measurement):
• Ability to develop, document, implement and audit standard and non-standard processes for customer implementation and ongoing effectiveness
• Ability to communicate effectively, handle escalations, and satisfactorily resolve issues at the account level
• Strong project management, organization and planning skills
• Process and detail- oriented to reliably progress provisioning and number port orders to successfully completion on a timely and accurate basis and in accordance with product line SLAs.
• Highly productive and efficient in handling a large number of tasks and requests on a daily basis.
• Detail-oriented to accurately audit, submit and update number porting, inventory, provisioning and change orders
• Proactive project management of number port and translation/inventory submissions with Carriers
• Ability to think independently, determining the best path forward for each order with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Excellent customer service and influence skills (oral and written)
• Good judgment, follow-up, and relationship building with key accounts
• Good technical understanding of products and networks
• Ability to dynamically support needs of other team members and teams in matrix management structure, facilitating overall results of the department
• Minimum 6 years porting and/or provisioning experience or applicable
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
• ACCURACY, EFFICIENCY THEN EFFECTIVENESS
• Ability to multi-task. Handle frequent interruptions without causing errors on work in progress.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to successful completion
• Experience with Intermedia internal and customer-facing tools and processes
• Experience in telecom, carrier provisioning/porting a plus
• Demonstrated work experience in an industry and position (s) where above was required