Our teams are comprised of extraordinary individuals who work together, support each other and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers and even our customer's customers.
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1000+ employee strong Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud company that serves over a million customers with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support.
Intermedia is a channel-first company with 6,500 active partners across the US that rely on us for greater reliability and productivity to grow their businesses. As we help our extensive partner network to reap success, Intermedia’s business grows, too. That’s the opportunity Intermedia presents today. We’re taking on the world’s biggest tech companies in a battle for the multi-billion-dollar business communication and productivity industry.
About the Role:
If you are seeking a career role that encourages you to think outside the box and fosters growth and opportunities with a company that recognizes individual and collaborative project achievements, then look no further.
You will be responsible for providing system monitoring, maintenance and trouble resolution within the Voice Systems Team. The Intermedia Voice system is a telecommunications hub connected to the Public Switched Telephone Network and consists of proprietary applications deployed across networked Linux and a small number of Windows computers.
What you will be doing:
- You will be using Linux, LDAP, SQL, networking and telephony expertise (specifically SIP) to keep Intermedia’s production Voice platform up and running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Monitor, resolve and escalate issues with the company’s high traffic, business critical production environment.
- First line and Initial alarm response for call processing, fraud, teleweb and other core applications/services. Responsible for making sure that the company network always works
- Deploy and operate network systems used for voice call processing and Unite integrated applications (Presence, AnyMeeting, etc.)
- Escalation point from Tier 3 for technical support of customer issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve or escalate hardware and software problems
- Maintain firmware levels on voice systems hardware
- Configure and monitor tools that constantly test the production systems
- Maintain hardware inventory and physical location tracking
- Interface with vendors to resolve problems with the platform
- Implement patches and new releases to the production systems
- Work with systems engineers and developers when troubleshooting problems and implementing fixes, workarounds and new releases
- Prepare Change Control Requests and execute approved work orders on the production systems
- Prepare for the implementation of new telephone numbers as part of our production system
- Maintain Voice Operations wiki documentation of technical notes, vendor contacts and configuration information
- Assist Lead System admin as needed with backups and file recovery
- Off-hour, on-call hot line support on a rotational basis
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in or related field
- Exceptional communication and amazing people skills with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships
- The ability and drive to deliver high quality results with a strong attention to detail
- A meticulous eye for detail and a diligent work ethic
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and problem solving skills to support a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated project management skills across a wide range of disciplines with an emphasis on customer service
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task, efficient, timely and reliable