Senior Accounting Analyst – Revenue Operations
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1,000+employee Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)/Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) and business cloud applications provider that serves over a million end users with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support. What’s more, our product roadmap offers even more game-changing innovations than what got us to our strong position today.
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the Role
The Accounting and Revenue Operations teams are responsible for ensuring that the revenue-related financial results of Intermedia are accurately presented to leadership for both internal and external reporting purposes and that the credit and collections process is appropriately managed. The team is also responsible to provide subject matter expertise to individuals throughout the company in support of the ongoing business.
Working closely with the Director of Accounting and Revenue Operations, the Senior Accounting Analyst will oversee and perform administrative and accounting activities to achieve Intermedia’s financial and operational goals. You will work to ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly and annual general ledger closings to meet accounting calendar deadlines. You will also play a strategic role in the business, working to ensure that accounting and finance processes are designed and executed to achieve optimal accuracy and efficiency with ability to scale for organic and acquisitive growth.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a solid foundation in accounting and strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills who is comfortable in a fast-paced organization and can drive assigned project activities to a successful completion.
- Complete assigned revenue and related journal entries, reconciliations, and account analyses in accordance with GAAP
- Support the credit and collections process, including review of credit and invoicing requests
- Support the customer ACH process
- Perform fraud detection procedures on phone hardware orders
- Perform analysis of accounting and related data and give recommendations to encourage data-driven decision-making
- Prepare accounting reserve calculations as assigned
- Assist with and/or manage special projects, including developing project plans and executing to timelines
- Monitor changes in accounting guidance in conjunction with other CFO team members and participate in determination of applicability as well as implementation strategy, as applicable
- Ensure integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls
- Proactively engage with accounting team members as well as cross-functional teams and leaders to:
- Identify and resolve challenges and issues as they relate to the accounting function
- Drive continuous improvement with internal controls to facilitate accurate and timely reporting of revenue and other KPI’s (such as billings, collections etc.)
- Recommend efficiency and effectiveness enhancements
- Assist in the effort to provide guidance/training with groups outside of accounting/finance
- Assist in annual audit by external auditors in the areas of revenue recognition and reporting
- Contribute to the integration of acquired companies
- Function as a backup to the Director, Accounting & Revenue Operations and the Manager, Revenue Accounting & Collections
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis, including in response to cross-departmental requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience with accounting and accounting related data analysis
- Be (or become) proficient in ASC 606
- Knowledge of US GAAP as well as SOX requirements, IFRS knowledge a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience managing SaaS revenue accounting strongly preferred
- Experience with period-end close process, reporting in financial statements, and interfacing with external auditors
- Experience managing projects and coordinating cross-functional efforts
- Knowledge of ERP system functionality; Oracle Financials/Net Suite knowledge is a plus
- Be a team player, help others when needed