We’ve added some exciting new features to the Intermedia Unite/Elevate desktop and mobile applications to enhance how your customers communicate and collaborate—no additional action from you is required.
From here on, all references to Intermedia Unite are also applicable to Elevate.
Note: These new features come at no additional cost to you!
Q: What are the new features?
A: The new features include the following:
- Receptionist View: Receptionists and administrative assistants now have the ability to quickly view the availability of everyone in their organization, perform blind transfers, warm transfers, and transfers to voicemail.
- Chat Attachments: Users can quickly share images, videos, documents and more in individual and team chat. This feature is available on the Unite desktop and mobile applications. For more information, click here.
Q: When will these features be available?
A: To access them now:
- Download the new version of the Unite applications here.
- Download the new version of the Elevate applications here.
- Your customers have the option to manually update their Unite desktop app prior to this date by clicking on the “Install Update” notification in their existing desktop instance.
Note: All Unite users will receive an automatic update to their desktop and mobile applications on Thursday, March 28, 2019.
Q: Is this upgrade required?
A: Yes. This new version of Unite is required to have access to the latest collaboration tools.
Q: Does this upgrade come at an additional cost?
A: No, this upgrade is free of charge.
Q: Is enabling Receptionist View a requirement?
A: No. The desktop application will remain in standard view by default. However, users have the option to enable/disable Receptionist View at any time.
Q: How do users enable Receptionist View?
A: To enable Receptionist View:
- Go to “Application settings” in your Unite desktop application.
- Check the box “Receptionist view”.
- Click “Save changes” at the bottom of the page.
Q: Does Receptionist View show all contacts in an organization?
A: Yes, if the filter is set to “All Contacts”, users will be able to see all contacts in the organization that have at least one phone number. In addition, Receptionist View will show:
- Auto Attendants
- Hunt Groups
- Resource Mailboxes with email address and phone number
The filter can be switched at the top of the Receptionist View screen.
Q: Is Receptionist View available on mobile?
A: No, Receptionist View is not available on the Unite mobile application at this time.
Q: Do I need to do anything to enable Chat Attachments?
A: No, the Chat Attachment enablement will automatically appear once users’ desktop and mobile applications are updated.
Q: Are Chat Attachments available on mobile?
A: Yes, Chat Attachments are available across Unite desktop and mobile applications.
Q: Are there any resources available for me to share with my customers?
A: We’ve created email templates for you to share these exciting updates with your customers.
To access them:
- Log in to our Partner Sales Portal and click the “Product Materials” tab
- Filter the list by “email templates”
- If you are a reseller, click the template labeled “Elevate Launch: Receptionist View & Chat Attachments”.
- If you are an advisor, click the template labeled “Unite Launch: Receptionist View & Chat Attachments”.
Q: I want to talk to my Channel Sales Representative, but I lost their contact information. How do I find this?
A: This information can be found on the bottom right-hand side of our Partner Portal.